On the spree today!

Old July 12th 03, 08:03 PM
Kate Dicey

Default On the spree today!

I went shopping today!

Got 200 sewing machine needles for a friend - 100 80's and 100 90's.
Got the August issue of British Patchwork & Quilting and Sewing World
Got two half metres of fabric - both beige backgrounds, one with a
Paisley pattern, one with sewing things -scissors, pins, thread, and
stuff.

Then we went to Canterbury Wholefoods and I stocked up on chocolate
buttons for the next set of squishies.

Finished off at Whittards, where DH bought some coffee beans and I got
another of their instant teas, which I like better than squash.

Not a long trip out, but a milestone in my recovery, and quite enough
for one VERY hot afternoon!

Earlier in the day DH bought some long handles loppers, and I had
another go at savaging some more off some of the bushes in the garden.
There's a 3 foot high heap to be chopped down into little bits and taken
to the tip in bags. He took 8 bags there this morning, from Richard's
efforts yesterday!

I hope this fabric inspires me to get back to the sewing machine!
Mind you, I have yet to unpack the stuff I bought just before going into
hospital! It's still in the bag upstairs!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old July 13th 03, 08:44 AM
Kate Dicey

KCK wrote:

Kate,

So nice to hear that you're steadily recovering! Oh, of course you'll
be inspired to get back sewing, but if that fabric doesn't do the trick,
just go back for a bit more next week. ;-)

--

KCK ( in Texas)
Take out the DOG before sending email

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message

I hope this fabric inspires me to get back to the sewing machine!
Mind you, I have yet to unpack the stuff I bought just before going

into
hospital! It's still in the bag upstairs!

That's a good idea! But as I had to cancel the teaching, I'm not quite
to flush as I hoped to be this month!

Old July 13th 03, 11:41 AM
jules

Sounds like an eventful shopping spree Kate ;o)

I like the whittards Turkish apple with lots of ice ( note to self must get
over to a whittards soon)

I hope you got to unpack the bag left unpacked from before as it might be
getting fondle withdrawals ;o)

--
Jules

Old July 13th 03, 01:03 PM
Paul & Suzie Beckwith

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 20:03:12 +0100, Kate Dicey
wrote:

I went shopping today!

Great to hear you're on the mend - theres nothing like a little S.E.X.
to help recovery I always find...

Suzie B
--
"From the internet connection under the pier"
Southend, UK

Old July 13th 03, 02:56 PM
Pauline

Kate,

So glad to hear that you are feeling better & that you are taking it
slowly! Don't overdo it - & listen to your body!

Pauline

Old July 13th 03, 03:42 PM
annie

Hiya there Kate

Good to hear/read that you are joining the land of the hot and sweaty
again! I think you did a great deal given how hot it was here
yesterday.

If that fabric doesn't inspire you, maybe you should send it along
here and I'll see whether it is faulty fabric or you're just not ready
yet.....

Hope you've put those choc buttons in a nice cool place or they'll be
choc splodge-I speak from experience here having had a Ripple bar last
week which didn't so much ripple in the mouth as glue itself to the
roof of the mouth in one dollop!

Keep on with the good recovery.

Annie, England

Old July 13th 03, 03:44 PM
Kate Dicey

wrote:

I went shopping today!

Great to hear you're on the mend - theres nothing like a little S.E.X.
to help recovery I always find...

Suzie B
--
"From the internet connection under the pier"
Southend, UK
http://community.webshots.com/user/suziekga

Didn't get a lot of fondling done, but I did got out there again today
with the loppers and lopped off a few more heaps of stuff for the tip!
Our garden now looks twice the size it did on Friday morning!

Just got to get rid of the swing frame and the slide... There's only
enough room for the climbing frame, and James has grown out of the
others.