Quilt Making

Old June 26th 06, 05:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Quilt Making

Can anyone help me find a pattern for quilt making as in the old ways
of making a quilt? If possible with the wedding ring design. Thanks

Old June 26th 06, 06:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

On 26 Jun 2006 09:57:26 -0700, "puss2" spewed
forth :

Can anyone help me find a pattern for quilt making as in the old ways
of making a quilt? If possible with the wedding ring design. Thanks

I'm sure your local library has plenty of books about quilting. Now,
if you'd like a sweater pattern this is the place to ask.

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old June 26th 06, 06:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 17:09:02 GMT, Wooly spun a fine yarn

On 26 Jun 2006 09:57:26 -0700, "puss2" spewed
forth :

Can anyone help me find a pattern for quilt making as in the old ways
of making a quilt? If possible with the wedding ring design. Thanks

I'm sure your local library has plenty of books about quilting. Now,
if you'd like a sweater pattern this is the place to ask.

I'm also pretty sure there are newsgroups, yahoogroups etc.
specifically geared towards quilting. ......

Noreen

who lives in a quilting state, CAN DO, but would rather knit!

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0626-0, 06/26/2006
Tested: 6/26/2006 12:18:02 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old June 26th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Specifically, there is a Usenet group (also available on
Google Groups) called "rec.crafts.textiles.quilting".

Gina Bull
Network Systems
Information Technology and Communications
University of Virginia

Old June 26th 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

In article .com,
"puss2" wrote:

Can anyone help me find a pattern for quilt making as in the old ways
of making a quilt? If possible with the wedding ring design. Thanks

Sorry I am not a quilter, but I am sure that there are some of us here,
that may have an answer for you. I know that Eimear is a quilter, but she
is away in Irenland at the moment, stand by you may get an answer to your
question. if not, Google it and I am sure you will find what you want

Look here I am sure that is what your want, with a promise of a free pattern

http://www.womenfolk.com/quilt_pattern_history/wedring.htm

Els

--
Ja for Jazz and cobra loose the rrrrrrrr
Old June 26th 06, 10:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

puss2 wrote:
Can anyone help me find a pattern for quilt making as in the old ways
of making a quilt? If possible with the wedding ring design. Thanks

Try this popular website -
http://www.quilterscache.com/D_F/Dou...RingBlock.html

Irene.

Old June 26th 06, 10:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

puss2 wrote:
Can anyone help me find a pattern for quilt making as in the old ways
of making a quilt? If possible with the wedding ring design. Thanks

http://www.quilterscache.com/D_F/Dou...RingBlock.html

This sight should answer you question.

Thanks for checking in, you are welcome but, we would rather knit,
crochet, weave, spin wool, and etc.
The group mentioned before me is a very friendly group, as is this one.
They will have a ton of knowledge about quilting as we do about yarn.

I used to teach the quilting class in our sewing machine store, as
Noreen said " I would rather knit". Myself I enjoy crochet almost as much.

Please check out the quilting group mentioned in a previous message. I
read in once in a while, they are great.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old June 27th 06, 12:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

wrote:
puss2 wrote:
Can anyone help me find a pattern for quilt making as in the old ways
of making a quilt? If possible with the wedding ring design. Thanks

Try this popular website -
http://www.quilterscache.com/D_F/Dou...RingBlock.html

Irene.

You just beat me Irene!

Dennis
Old June 27th 06, 12:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Wooly wrote:
On 26 Jun 2006 09:57:26 -0700, "puss2" spewed
forth :

Can anyone help me find a pattern for quilt making as in the old ways
of making a quilt? If possible with the wedding ring design. Thanks

I'm sure your local library has plenty of books about quilting. Now,
if you'd like a sweater pattern this is the place to ask.

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%. Of course, I did have
to abandon a perfectly good email account...

Gina,

I have the same job title at Lucent Bell Labs. I am on LTD right now
hoping I go back to work soon. It is hard sitting at home when you
worked so hard to get to the exact spot in life that you want to be.

Gail started in computer sciences but changed. She never really liked
the computer field.

I love to quilt but, not as much as knit and crochet.

The RCTQ is one of the busiest sight on usenet and they are willing to help.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail