July FO's

Old July 30th 06, 08:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

Default July FO's

I don't have any (grin), but would like to start the ball rolling! I do
have some WIP's and here they a

- Peacock Feathers Shawl in Interlacements cotton "Floss". Coming along
very well.
- The neverending shawl in chenille. Will work on it when Peacock Feathers
is done.
- Purple velour sweater for granddaughter. I haven't finished the sleeves
since I'm waiting for her to visit in a week, then will finish it (I hope).
If it doesn't fit, it will be frogged, and I'll make her a cushion for her
bed from the yarn. It's awful stuff.
- Moss green variegated socks for DH. These are my "portable" project and I
only work on them when I go to my knitting group meetings.

Shelagh

Old July 30th 06, 09:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
JCT

I have one FO -- a pair of socks for DH. (plus catching up on my 6X6
squares (June and July)
I am into WIPs
The infamous yellow summer sweater
The ladybug Dale baby wool sweater
A striped cotton sweater for a friend's newly adopted toddler
A summer top like the one I did for myself in sage cotton

Now to finish some of these projects.

Judy

Old July 31st 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Georgia

I don't have any either, but I am on the homestretch with my NYCO Aran-style
cardigan vest, interminably picking up stitches for the band that goes from
one hip up to the neck and down to the other hip again. I figure it will be
finished about when I estimated: September.

Georgia
http://www.georgiamorgan.net/html/knitting.htm

Old July 31st 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Craftkitten

Hi

I have one item as my FO for July.

I finished a baby afghan that I have been working on for a couple of
months.

WIP's
afghan just need to sew ends in
granny squares for other afghans
too many other projects.

Darlene
(Craftkitten)

Old July 31st 06, 05:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Teacher Gal

Just finished a recycled silk mini-shawl. Started it on the trip back from
Chicago, and had to use a bit of mohair to finish casting off, but it's
nice. I think I'll use some Lion Brand Incredible or another ribbon yarn to
fringe the booger.

Anastasia

--who has far too many UFOs to even consider starting anything new.

Old July 31st 06, 01:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
hesira

Wait a minute! I've got about 18 hours before July is over. I don't
think I'll finish my current WIP, though. It seems like I knitted like
crazy this month, but all I have to show for it is one pair of cable
ribbed socks. I got the pattern out of a book from 1950.

I have 2 WIP's. I'm making a second pair of the cable socks in a
beautiful light blue, and I have a sampler afghan that is my
"in-between" project. It goes slowly, but one day it'll be done.

Hesira

Old July 31st 06, 06:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

A nice pair of cabled socks is a good piece of work for a month!

Done on fine needles, a pair of cabled socks may represent as many stitches
as a fisherman's sweater knit at 4 or 5 spi!!!

Aaron.

ups.com...

Old July 31st 06, 08:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
hesira

Mine aren't that fine! This is however, this is the finest yarn I've
used for socks so far. Here's a picture of them, unblocked. You can
click around and see pictures of how they look on. I wanted to wait to
block them after I took pictures of them on.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3504366...7594082853054/

Hesira

Old July 31st 06, 10:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

They are nice socks and they *are* finished. I did not bind off any knit
items in the month, so I am very jealous.

Like, there was this pair of hemp socks, that I was knitting to wear with my
gardening sandals - those socks not only got frogged, the yarn got cut up
into little pieces and is being used to tie-up plants in the garden : )

Aaron

"hesira" wrote in message
oups.com...
Mine aren't that fine! This is however, this is the finest yarn I've
used for socks so far. Here's a picture of them, unblocked. You can
click around and see pictures of how they look on. I wanted to wait to
block them after I took pictures of them on.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3504366...57594082853054
/

Hesira

Old July 31st 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
hesira

LOL, Aaron,

The socks in the picture were frogged at least 3 times before they
became socks.

Hemp socks. I've never used hemp but saw some on Elan. How do you
like knitting it, and is it working for your plants?

Smiles,

Hesira