ot; Divorce support qeustion

Old October 13th 10, 10:26 PM posted to fj.kanji,rec.crafts.glass,alt.obituaries,rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving
Peter Lucas

Default ot; Divorce support qeustion

I was ''divorced'' one year ago. It was pretty straight forward. My
partner
and I owned a small desktop publishing business and a trailer. No kids
(obviously!).

We decided to try and be as fair as possible. He got the trailer and
all the rights to it.
He also assumed responsibility to an equity line. I got the business
and now live in a private
rented room. The trailer is worth about $2950 with a loan of about
$1300 and an equity line
debt of about $35.

I am am on the loan for the trailer and he is only on the deed. He has
been trying to assume the loan but hasnt yet because he dont make
enough money. He has a new partner that lives with him and together
they have been making the payments. Hes been asking me to pay a
portion of the equity line which I am not able to do.
He actually wants me to pay him a portion of the equity but want me to
pay it to
him so he can have some monthly money. There was no support awarded
in the ''divorce'' (online court).

My question is...if I make payments of any sort against the equity
line, then do I have the right to ask for monies if and when he
should sell the trailer? We were ''married'' for 7 months and he feels
have a responsiblilty to him as well as no compassion. BTW...he filed
for ''divorce'' and set all the terms. He said he wanted me to have
the
business because its really all I know and has been my whiole life. I
agreed to him having the entire trailer and just about everything that
was in it.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Old October 14th 10, 01:09 PM posted to fj.kanji,rec.crafts.glass,alt.obituaries,rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving
pamjd

I would write the whole thing off and walk away. Eliminate any
strings and attachemnts to everyone involved, tuck my bruised ego away
and let my heart heal and get on with life.

Old October 14th 10, 05:36 PM posted to fj.kanji,rec.crafts.glass,alt.obituaries,rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving
Chemo the Clown

On Oct 14, 5:09*am, pamjd wrote:
I would write the whole thing off and walk away. *Eliminate any
strings and attachemnts to everyone involved, tuck my bruised ego away
and let my heart heal and get on with life.

He can't...he's got that $35 equity line to pay off and that'll take
him years!

Ok, I need some QI support! AliceW Quilting 42 July 17th 12 04:38 PM
Thank you for your support Cheryl Isaak Needlework 5 October 9th 05 04:14 PM
Divorce and cats!! Fred Needlework 8 December 2nd 03 12:50 AM
Thank you for your support Cheryl Isaak Yarn 3 August 14th 03 11:16 AM