Wooden Dowel Rod People Question

Old November 14th 04, 11:53 PM
Skip Summer

Default Wooden Dowel Rod People Question

Saw at a craft show, little dowel rods
with a round head shape. They were used
as people in cars and trucks. Where can I buy these
little beauties??
Any help appreciated
Skip
Old November 15th 04, 12:03 AM
Clint

A local lumber place around here (Windsor Plywood) sells a variety of hobby
wooden parts, like wheels, little hearts, letters, and (the point to this
reply) little wooden people like you describe. Unless you live in Western
Canada, however, the name of the store won't help you. But the type of
store might.

Clint

m...

Old November 15th 04, 02:18 AM
Buddy Matlosz

Cherry Tree Toys:

http://www.cherrytreetoys.com/store/...2&pagenumber=1

B.

Old November 15th 04, 03:03 AM
Clint

I think I'm wrong on all counts. Turns out they have two stores in Seattle,
and one in Ontario (Canada). Ah, well, I tried... Of course, if that's
the only thing I get wrong this week, I'll be happy!

Clint

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
In article evRld.223526$%k.101820@pd7tw2no, says...
A local lumber place around here (Windsor Plywood) sells a variety of

hobby
wooden parts, like wheels, little hearts, letters, and (the point to

this
reply) little wooden people like you describe. Unless you live in

Western
Canada, however, the name of the store won't help you.

They're not just in Canada. They have a store here in Spokane WA. So
they may have some elsewhere in the US. But I suspect the "western"
limitation is correct.

Old November 15th 04, 03:39 AM
firstjois

Clint wrote:
A local lumber place around here (Windsor Plywood) sells a variety
of hobby wooden parts, like wheels, little hearts, letters, and (the
point to this reply) little wooden people like you describe. Unless
you live in Western Canada, however, the name of the store won't
help you. But the type of store might.

Clint

"Skip Summer" wrote in message
m...
Saw at a craft show, little dowel rods
with a round head shape. They were used
as people in cars and trucks. Where can I buy these
little beauties??
Any help appreciated
Skip

A lot of craft catalogs offer these, try a Google search.

Josie

question about looms for bead weaving FurPaw Beads 4 December 9th 04 06:29 AM
A question for lampworkers Diana Curtis Beads 42 May 7th 04 07:26 PM
help please. Deirdre S. Beads 66 August 15th 03 07:51 PM
question regarding an AD marisa2 Beads 2 July 16th 03 04:47 PM
AD and question: Lampwork on ebay and justbeads Tink Beads 0 July 1st 03 04:29 AM