time for "what are you stitching"

Old July 15th 11, 01:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default time for "what are you stitching"

Not what I should be working on and will get back to on Monday - a round
robin for a group I'm involved with on FB. All I need to do is the
backstitching - but there is LOTS of back stitch on this

My purse project is nearly done and I've pulled out the next one - a
Textile Heritage bookmark that I have started.

I'm hoping to get lots of stuff done while I'm missing DD - she's headed
off to two weeks of sleep-away hockey camp.

---

Time to go move the hose again. I have new grass in a few areas and it
needs daily water.

Cheryl
Old July 15th 11, 02:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

On Jul 15, 8:36*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Not what I should be working on and will get back to on Monday - a round
robin for a group I'm involved with on FB. All I need to do is the
backstitching - but there is LOTS of back stitch on this

My purse project is nearly done and I've pulled out the next one - a
Textile Heritage bookmark that I have started.

I'm hoping to get lots of stuff done while I'm missing DD - she's headed
off to two weeks of sleep-away hockey camp.

---

Time to go move the hose again. I have new grass in a few areas and it
needs daily water.

Cheryl

NOT currently working on Fractal 53. Got page 5 about
half done and decided time to do some Xmas ornies.

I've got just a few more stitches on Christmas Wishes,
along with all the beads then time to put it together.

Nancy
Old July 15th 11, 08:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gretchen

I haven't been on this list since about 1998. I can't even remember
whether my last post was after I moved to Seattle. But I have finally
started needlepointing again, picking up my William Morris pillow
(don't know which design at the moment) as charted by Beth Russell.
I'm about 1/4 done. It was to be a graduation gift and I hope I can
finish it before it becomes a retirement gift. I am using a Meetup
group to provide scheduling and motivation. Hey DC-MD-VA Tangle, I
miss you!

Gretchen (Schmidt) Bishay
Old July 16th 11, 01:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mavia

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Not what I should be working on and will get back to on Monday - a round
robin for a group I'm involved with on FB. All I need to do is the
backstitching - but there is LOTS of back stitch on this

snip
Cheryl

I'm working on Forest of Lights by Kathy Holicky. I've got the bottom two
trees done. It's done with #4 metallic braids and working up quickly.

http://www.stitchers-paradise.com/Ca...%20(Small).jpg

Mavia

Old July 16th 11, 01:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 7/15/11 11:39 AM, Karen C in Calif wrote:
Quiltin Buddies by Diane Graebner for a friend

Just threw some BF in "Tide View" from Dimensions to take on vacation to
the coast, and taking Laura Perin's "Blue Butterfly Collage" to work on
as well.

enjoy the down time

Cheryl
Old July 16th 11, 12:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 7/15/11 8:51 PM, Mavia wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Not what I should be working on and will get back to on Monday - a
round robin for a group I'm involved with on FB. All I need to do is
the backstitching - but there is LOTS of back stitch on this

snip
Cheryl

I'm working on Forest of Lights by Kathy Holicky. I've got the bottom
two trees done. It's done with #4 metallic braids and working up quickly.

http://www.stitchers-paradise.com/Ca...%20(Small).jpg

Mavia

that is so pretty! Are you using a dark fabric?

Cheryl
Old July 16th 11, 04:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

On Jul 15, 8:36*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Not what I should be working on and will get back to on Monday - a round
robin for a group I'm involved with on FB. All I need to do is the
backstitching - but there is LOTS of back stitch on this

My purse project is nearly done and I've pulled out the next one - a
Textile Heritage bookmark that I have started.

I'm hoping to get lots of stuff done while I'm missing DD - she's headed
off to two weeks of sleep-away hockey camp.

---

Time to go move the hose again. I have new grass in a few areas and it
needs daily water.

Cheryl

I need to finish my President's Challenge before next Saturday's Guild
meeting. The challenge was to design a piece around a needle minder
and use 3 threads you haven't used before.
I cannot say what mine is till after next week, but it's on white
congress cloth and I need to do a fair bit of skip tent stitching
before I get to play with DMC's Memory Thread which I haven't used
yet.

Donna in Virginia
Old July 16th 11, 07:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mavia

On 7/15/11 8:51 PM, Mavia wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Not what I should be working on and will get back to on Monday - a
round robin for a group I'm involved with on FB. All I need to do is
the backstitching - but there is LOTS of back stitch on this

snip
Cheryl

I'm working on Forest of Lights by Kathy Holicky. I've got the bottom
two trees done. It's done with #4 metallic braids and working up quickly.

http://www.stitchers-paradise.com/Ca...%20(Small).jpg

Mavia

that is so pretty! Are you using a dark fabric?

Cheryl

Yes, I'm stitching it on black, 18ct. canvas.

Mavia

Old July 16th 11, 10:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

On 7/15/2011 8:36 AM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Not what I should be working on and will get back to on Monday - a round
robin for a group I'm involved with on FB. All I need to do is the
backstitching - but there is LOTS of back stitch on this

My purse project is nearly done and I've pulled out the next one - a
Textile Heritage bookmark that I have started.

I'm hoping to get lots of stuff done while I'm missing DD - she's headed
off to two weeks of sleep-away hockey camp.

---

Time to go move the hose again. I have new grass in a few areas and it
needs daily water.

Cheryl

I haven't decided yet. I JUST finished a Pine Mountain Pillow kit..for a
craft fair/ auction we are having here in the fall as a fundraiser. I
figure this could go in a house, or an RV..so hopefully everyone would
be happy.

http://www.123stitch.com/cgi-perl/it....pl?item=PM460

Could you give me your opinion. Do you usually put some iron-in
interfacing, pellon or whatever on the back of the stitched area when
you make these?.

Maybe tomorrow I will spend an hour, and finish the black backstitching
on my Blue Heron from RK Portfolio.

Gill

Old July 17th 11, 12:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

On 7/16/2011 5:00 PM, Gillian Murray wrote:
[...]

I wouldn't use iron on stuff on the back of the stitched portion...I'd
stitch the whole thing around the outer edge to a piece of plain fabric,
like canvas (if you want something weighty/stiff) or muslin (which isn't
heavy/stiff). This would reinforce it and help keep the shape...stuff
between the muslin/canvas/whatever lining and the back (which I might
also line, depending on the weight of the fabric. This just makes it
smoother/slightly weightier.

sue

--
Susan Hartman