mixing threads [for Betsy ]

Old March 16th 08, 04:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Default mixing threads [for Betsy ]

When i was young , there were ALL this laws , Don`t wear blue with
brown, Don`t wear high heels with pants. Don`t wear sport shoes unless
you are busy in a kind of sport. etc....
At 16 i bought a coat that 'God Forbid" [as my Great aunt said.] had
brown and blue squares [amongst green light yellow beize and black as
well.
WE learned that mixing was ok as nature goes...
mirjam
Old March 16th 08, 07:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Richard Eney

In article ,
wrote:
When i was young , there were ALL this laws , Don`t wear blue with
brown, Don`t wear high heels with pants. Don`t wear sport shoes unless
you are busy in a kind of sport. etc....
At 16 i bought a coat that 'God Forbid" [as my Great aunt said.] had
brown and blue squares [amongst green light yellow beize and black as
well.
WE learned that mixing was ok as nature goes...

Fortunately!
I wonder where some of those rules came from.
I speculate that the blue-brown idea came from people
wearing brown shoes with blue-grey suits and then it was
expanded to include everything, the way phobias sometimes
develop.

My mother tried the blue-brown thing on me, and I pointed
out that the fabric of a blouse had both colors in the
pattern so it had to be "allowed". Then the nineteen-sixties
happened and we threw out all the rules. A few have crept
back in but still surprises me when someone my age claims
that it's "wrong" to wear slightly different shades of the
color together when they are of the same tone. I call that
"coordinating", not clashing!

About the only color combinations I try not to wear
without some other colors to buffer them are
black and orange (Halloween colors in the USA), and
red and green (Christmas colors in the USA).

=Tamar
Old March 17th 08, 11:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
betsey

On Mar 16, 12:29�am, wrote:
When i was young , there were ALL this laws , Don`t wear blue with
brown, Don`t wear high heels with pants. Don`t wear sport shoes unless
you are busy in a kind of sport. etc....
At 16 i bought a coat that 'God Forbid" [as my Great aunt said.] had
brown and blue squares [amongst green light yellow beize and black as
well.
WE learned that mixing was ok as nature goes...
mirjam

mirjam--
i'm a quilter. i'm the queen of mixing grin

betsey
Old March 17th 08, 03:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Mar 17, 1:59Â*pm, betsey wrote:
On Mar 16, 12:29�am, wrote:

When i was young , there were ALL this laws , Don`t wear blue with
brown, Don`t wear high heels with pants. Don`t wear sport shoes unless
you are busy in a kind of sport. etc....
At 16 i bought a coat that 'God Forbid" [as my Great aunt said.] had
brown and blue squares [amongst green light yellow beize and black as
well.
WE learned that mixing was ok as nature goes...
mirjam

mirjam--
i'm a quilter. Â*i'm the queen of mixing grin

betsey

VERY WELL , so you are color traimed ,,,,, Keep this in mind !!!!
mirjam
Old March 17th 08, 04:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
betsey

On Mar 16, 12:29�am, wrote:

When i was young , there were ALL this laws , Don`t wear blue with
brown, Don`t wear high heels with pants. Don`t wear sport shoes unless
you are busy in a kind of sport. etc....
At 16 i bought a coat that 'God Forbid" [as my Great aunt said.] had
brown and blue squares [amongst green light yellow beize and black as
well.
WE learned that mixing was ok as nature goes...
mirjam

mirjam--
i'm a quilter. Â*i'm the queen of mixing grin

betsey

VERY WELL , so you are color traimed ,,,,, Keep this in mind !!!!
mirjam

Yes...just as a beginner beginner (couple of scarves, dishtowels) i
really need to increase my own capabilities as a knitter, before i go
crazy grin

betsey

Mixing materials hh Quilting 5 October 29th 07 12:21 AM
OT- Undead Betsy book Tegan Needlework 22 June 22nd 06 12:42 AM
BETSY ROSS - ORIGINAL TYLER HUG REQUEST SNIGDIBBLY Quilting 9 September 7th 05 11:27 PM
how Sweet Betsy came to live with me Queen of Squishies Quilting 48 July 12th 05 03:17 PM
7 ct. Klostern and 10 ct. Betsy Ross linen Phoebe Needlework 2 June 20th 04 12:10 AM