OT Rain dancers wanted

Old July 20th 06, 09:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Default OT Rain dancers wanted

It rained quite heavily here earlier this week - for one day
at least.

That doesn't sound like much, given that it's winter and
all. But our local water holdings are at their lowest
winter levels in history. We all celebrated today when it
was announced that levels had risen from 6.5 to 7% as a
result of the rain. Less than 10 years ago at this time of
year water levels were at 65-70%.

So if anyone has a positive thought to spare, direct a bit
of rain down this way. It sure would be appreciated.
--

Cheryl & the Cats
_ _ _ _ _ _

Old July 20th 06, 06:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Audrey

I'm not sure where you are but we could use the rain here in South Central
South Dakota too, it is even worse north of here. We waited for 5 weeks
after the corn was planted and then got about 2 inches, but nothing since,
and it was 116 digress here last week. yesterday was really cool it only
reached 99
have a great rest of the summer
Audrey

Old July 20th 06, 07:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Erin

Audrey wrote:
I'm not sure where you are but we could use the rain here in South Central
South Dakota too, it is even worse north of here.

And after y'all are finished with them, can you send them to western
Sweden?!!! The forest floor *crunches* when I am out hiking with my
dog. NOT a good thing. :-(

Erin
http://arkivarie.livejournal.com/

Old July 20th 06, 07:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

I am wondering *who* took all the rain as *nobody* seems to be getting any
and we *all* seem to be having a drought :-(

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old July 20th 06, 07:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie NJ

We are finally out of our drought. We've had quite heavy rains, in fact
we've had floods and were still in a drought. The last storm that went
through took out our power for 30 hours and defrosted everything in my
freezers.
I was very happy to wake up this morning with running water again! It's a
good day!
--
Bonnie
NJ

Old July 20th 06, 10:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sharon Harper

Cheryl, you're up near Ballarat aren't you? We were there for a whole 3
hours go karting last weekend. Drove up Saturday monring, set up and
started prepping the karts in the rain and arctic conditions. We saw a
couple of guys go around in practice and made the very wise (I think) call
of abandoning the event. We weren't alone - about 30-40 other trailers left
also. That has got to have been the worst race meet I've been at. The few
places that were dry when we arrived were soaking when we left a couple
hours later. From what I understand, the rain stayed for a good few days.

http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html (takes awhile to load)
quicker)

Old July 20th 06, 10:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Irene

Had an e mail yesterday Jess from New Zealand, they are having bucket
loads of rain, in fact she said she was expecting the proverbial Ark to
arrive any day. This quilter lives in Nrth Island.
Irene V.

Old July 20th 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

AHA a culprit is found ;-)

I hope the ark is well built!

Old July 21st 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

South East Australia - it's winter here. 7% reserves in
winter spells big problems for summer.

Hope you get rain there too.

--

Cheryl & the Cats
_ _ _ _ _ _

"Audrey" wrote in message
: I'm not sure where you are but we could use the rain here
in South Central
: South Dakota too, it is even worse north of here. We
waited for 5 weeks
: after the corn was planted and then got about 2 inches,
but nothing since,
: and it was 116 digress here last week. yesterday was
really cool it only
: reached 99
: have a great rest of the summer
: Audrey
:
: "Cats" wrote in message
: ...
: It rained quite heavily here earlier this week - for one
day
: at least.
:
: That doesn't sound like much, given that it's winter and
: all. But our local water holdings are at their lowest
: winter levels in history. We all celebrated today when
it
: was announced that levels had risen from 6.5 to 7% as a
: result of the rain. Less than 10 years ago at this time
of
: year water levels were at 65-70%.
:
: So if anyone has a positive thought to spare, direct a
bit
: of rain down this way. It sure would be appreciated.
: --
:
: Cheryl & the Cats
: _ _ _ _ _ _
: ( Y ) ( Y ) ( Y )
: ~ ~ ~
: http://community.webshots.com/user/witchofthewest

Old July 21st 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz

I'll send you some Cheryl. We got 25mm last weekend.
We don't really have water problems here even though we have only just
sterated on water restrictions, not through necessity but just to
improve our water usage habits.
Like the rest of Australia we are still in a 'drought' but no where to
the extent of what we saw when we went to Mildura during the holidays.
DD and DS got a shock when travelling through Maryborough (sp I'm sure
thats wrong)
and saw how dry it was, even saw artificial lawn in some front yards.

Dee in Oz

Cats wrote:
The rain lasted for one day and it was the first we had had
for weeks. For winter, that is a real problem.

I am past Ballarat. Further west they have had virtually NO
RAIN at all since the Summer storms in February.

There are towns out here that are now so low on water that
they are getting "undrinkable" water through the taps. The
water authorities response was to tell them to drink tank
water - but that only works if it has rained and there is
water in the tank!

We are still a declared drought area, and last week when I
was in Melbourne I watched a man hose his car off in the
street and saw houses with automatic watering systems
running water across foot paths. When will we all learn
that we are the driest continent on the planet?!

--

Cheryl & the Cats
_ _ _ _ _ _

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
: Cheryl, you're up near Ballarat aren't you? We were there
for a whole 3
: hours go karting last weekend. Drove up Saturday monring,
set up and
: started prepping the karts in the rain and arctic
conditions. We saw a
: couple of guys go around in practice and made the very
wise (I think) call
: of abandoning the event. We weren't alone - about 30-40
other trailers left
: also. That has got to have been the worst race meet I've
been at. The few
: places that were dry when we arrived were soaking when we
left a couple
: hours later. From what I understand, the rain stayed for
a good few days.
:
: --
: Sharon from Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
: http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html (takes
awhile to load)
: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazrules/my_photos (same as
website but
: quicker)
: "Cats" wrote in message
: ...
[...]

Wanted genuine African art and antiques nordend Marketplace 0 December 17th 04 07:44 AM
I lost the email from the person who wanted the rubber stamps sleber Rubberstamps 0 May 11th 04 07:21 PM
Herb chart wanted Boohoo1971 Needlework 4 April 9th 04 03:26 PM
Wanted: Full studio w/tools CLP Beads 46 October 10th 03 09:12 PM
list wanted items for free on this site glentana General Crafting 0 July 31st 03 02:36 PM