Older Fabric

Old November 16th 04, 06:23 AM
Christina In Ok

Default Older Fabric

My DD would like to make her a baby (crib) Quilt, (she lost her "Cold Cover"
when she was 7 years old)
and has always wanted to me find it for her, since I cannot find it, ( We
think it was lost in a move) or make her a new one, Now that I can quilt
now, I could make her a new one. But finding the type of fabric isn't that
easy. I would just need enough fabric for a top, the under was only in
white.
If there is any way I can find this type of fabric Please let me know, it
would be wonderful to give it to her for Christmas, or even her Birthday
before she goes off to collage in the next year.
I have added the photos to photobucket, if anyone would like to help out, So
far I haven't had any luck on finding this fabric.
http://photobucket.com/albums/v512/Christina_in_ok/

Old November 16th 04, 10:30 AM
Roberta Zollner

That's cute! Wish I could help. It would be especially good for a college
student: the letters A-F are potential grades :-)
Roberta in D

Old November 16th 04, 11:31 AM
Debi Matlack

I'll keep an eye out in case I run across anything like it. You never know
what you might find!
--
Debi

Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

Old November 16th 04, 02:03 PM
mauvicem

Very cute but why not make ABC blocks instead , now that you know how to
quilt? or perhaps an I Spy?.... Also, I saw a darling fish quilt at Guild
the other night....
Mauvice

Old November 17th 04, 02:04 AM
Christina In Ok

The Photo was taken from her baby bed, ( she was in it at the time) and this
pattern holds a lot of good feelings for her.
She just wants to find that fabric, and I can whip up one for her.
The one that is shown in the photo, was not made, and not made out of cotton
fabrics, But was store bought, ( I think was made out of Pol or a pol blend)
I do not have the cover any longer, as I said before, it was lost when she
was younger, But she has never stopped talking about that "cold cover" I
don't even know what company made it.
She has even said to me, if we could find fabric just like it, I could make
it to remind her of the feel.
But this is something I would like to do, It would be very simple.
I have thought about making a small quilt as another, but her heart is set
on the memories she had with her first baby cover which she dragged around
with her until it was lost.
So anything else, will not be the same.
Last year, I made her a Quilt, But she still wishes for a fabric as shown in
the photo

Old November 17th 04, 08:13 AM
Patti

Hullo Christina
Here's a thought, if your daughter is quite set on that fabric.
Could you take the photo you have, get it enlarged, and then transfer it
to fabric by one of the various means, and use those pieces to make up
into a quilt? I'm sure there will be alphabet fabrics 'out there'; but
if she so wants that one, I can't see any other way of getting it. She
is old enough to realise that this is the nearest you can get to her
wish. I doubt very much that it will be available now after so long;
though you could try Googling with "alphabet fabrics" as key words? or
one of the fabric search sites?
..
In article , Christina In Ok
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old November 17th 04, 11:18 AM
Christina In Ok

Patti,
yes I have been searching for a few days now under that string, I hoped on
EBay would come up with something, or the group would know about older
fabrics.
I knew it was a long shot, but ya never know.
I have ran into a lot of ABC fabric's but nothing that looks like the one
she did have..
I may have to try your idea, But I am not aware of what you are speaking
about, would you please send me more info?
Thank you
"Patti" wrote in message
Hullo Christina
Here's a thought, if your daughter is quite set on that fabric.
Could you take the photo you have, get it enlarged, and then transfer it
to fabric by one of the various means, and use those pieces to make up
into a quilt? I'm sure there will be alphabet fabrics 'out there'; but if
she so wants that one, I can't see any other way of getting it. She is
old enough to realise that this is the nearest you can get to her wish. I
doubt very much that it will be available now after so long; though you
could try Googling with "alphabet fabrics" as key words? or one of the
fabric search sites?
.
In article , Christina In Ok
writes
[...]

I pick fabric for first quilt! DJDREVNA Quilting 13 September 18th 04 04:24 AM
71 reasons to buy fabric David & Barbara Schmidt Quilting 3 September 3rd 04 04:57 PM
Squishie Fabric Quality Mika Quilting 21 April 3rd 04 04:18 PM
elusive fabric! (long) Debbi Quilting 8 December 18th 03 07:54 PM