Sandy Orton's Exquisite Lily Sampler

Old July 29th 03, 06:30 PM
Pat Porter

Default Sandy Orton's Exquisite Lily Sampler

I have done her Garden of Friendship, and loved doing it. It still needs
framing as John isn`t too enthusiastic - he thinks it`s a bit "Wishy-washy"!
I think it`s absolutely beautiful, and just the thing for the pale green
walls in our bedroom!

I`m not QUITE sure about the lily sampler. I love the main lilies, but
otherwise they`re a bit too rigid and stylised for my taste. On the other
hand I`m sure I`d love to stitch it.

Pat P
"PaulaB" wrote in message
om...
I just saw this a couple of months ago...isn't it lovely?! I really
love just about everything Sandy Orton has done, and she's the only
non-reproduction-sampler designer I can say that about. I've done
maybe four or five of her things and they are all very well-designed.
Paula B.

"Allison and Chip Orange" wrote in message

Have you all seen the Exquisite Lily Sampler by Sandy Orton? I happened
upon it on Ebay and think it is wonderful (no need to hurry out

there...it's
a new pattern). Very reminiscent of her "Le Jardin" sampler in JCS a

couple
of years ago.

Here is the link on Ebay:

This seems to be only available as a kit by Dimensions Gold Collection,
which is too bad, since the kit has cottons where Le Jardin had silks.

Does
anyone know if the pattern is available? If you bought the kit for the
pattern, would it be easy to make the appropriate substitutions for

silks?
Surely, there is a chart out there for that?

Allie Orange
Tallahassee, FL