OT - ballet

Old September 18th 03, 02:51 PM
Jalynne

Default OT - ballet

oooooh, what a beautiful poster
thanks for sharing that. DD loves it! I'll have to print it out for her later. I
have a feeling we're gonna have ballet posters all over the house now...sigh. not
complaining, honest...hehe.
--
Jalynne

"vj" wrote in message
i don't often get a chance to do this:
http://www.booksnbytes.com/family_pi...y/ashley_1.jpg

it takes a while to load.

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
(Jewelry) http://www.vickijean.com
-----------
It's not what you take, when you leave this world behind you;
it's what you leave behind you when you go. -- Randy Travis

Old September 18th 03, 07:20 PM
mkahogan

OMG!!!!!! I would be so proud.
KathyH
"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Jalynne"
:

]oooooh, what a beautiful poster
]thanks for sharing that. DD loves it! I'll have to print it out for her

later. I
]have a feeling we're gonna have ballet posters all over the house

now...sigh. not
]complaining, honest...hehe.

THAT is my niece. **grin**

-----------

Old September 19th 03, 12:40 AM
Barbara Otterson

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 11:33:30 -0700, vj wrote:

Ashley [the one on the poster] had a 4-year fully paid scholarship to
UC Irvine, majoring in dance. she just graduated last spring - and
flies back and forth across the country and up and down California . .
. she IS ballet. she teaches, auditions, rehearses, and performs -
sometimes i wonder when she finds time to sleep..

Isn't it nice to find something that you love so much
that little else matters?
I hope ballet pays better than it used to. My cousin
used to dance with a major ballet company. She was
in Russia with the company for some performances.
They're all in this dumpy hotel, the food is terrible,
there's all this back-biting going on for who gets to
be top dog, and the pay is less than 10k per year!
She made a collect call home and was on the
next flight out. She had had enough. They ground
her down to the point where she didn't care if
she ever danced again. So now she's a trauma
surgeon. (That branch of the family contains a
bunch of over-achievers).
Your niece is beautiful. I hope the politics of
dance never manage to overcome her love of
it.
Barbara
Dream Master
www.dreamweaverstudio.com

"We've got two lives, one we're given,
the other one we make."
Mary Chapin Carpenter

Old September 19th 03, 04:09 AM
Deirdre S.

Sounds like it is already in lights in some contexts.

She does look like she was born to do what she does. Being able to do
what you were born to do is an unparalleled blessing, IMO.

Deirdre

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 11:33:30 -0700, vj wrote:

i fully expect to see
her name in lights at some point.