Red, White, and Black

Old February 13th 11, 08:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_7_]

Default Red, White, and Black

Our third grandchild will graduate this year, and I've made a quilt for
each of them. I asked her what colors she wanted, and since her high
school colors and her college colors and the cover of her favorite book
are all red, white, and black - yep, that's what she wanted. Pics of the
finished quilt can be seen here if you'd like to take a look:
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...79617060hLlNOC

It's the first two pictures in the album.
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390 at mchsi dot com
Old February 13th 11, 09:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

On 13/02/11 20:09, Louise in Iowa wrote:
Our third grandchild will graduate this year, and I've made a quilt for
each of them. I asked her what colors she wanted, and since her high
school colors and her college colors and the cover of her favorite book
are all red, white, and black - yep, that's what she wanted. Pics of the
finished quilt can be seen here if you'd like to take a look:
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...79617060hLlNOC

That is stunning. I really like the contrast. She is a very lucky young
lady.

Lizzy
Old February 14th 11, 01:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_7_]

Thanks, Sandy. Yes, I did the quilting.

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390 at mchsi dot com

On 2/13/2011 3:50 PM, Sandy wrote:
In ,
Louise in wrote:

Our third grandchild will graduate this year, and I've made a quilt for
each of them. I asked her what colors she wanted, and since her high
school colors and her college colors and the cover of her favorite book
are all red, white, and black - yep, that's what she wanted. Pics of the
finished quilt can be seen here if you'd like to take a look:
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...79617060hLlNOC

It's the first two pictures in the album.

Red/white/black is such a graphic statement, Louise -- this looks great!
I suspect your DGD will love this quilt, and with good reason. Did
you quilt it yourself?

Old February 14th 11, 01:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak[_2_]

On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 14:09:25 -0600, Louise in Iowa wrote
(in article ):

Our third grandchild will graduate this year, and I've made a quilt for
each of them. I asked her what colors she wanted, and since her high
school colors and her college colors and the cover of her favorite book
are all red, white, and black - yep, that's what she wanted. Pics of the
finished quilt can be seen here if you'd like to take a look:
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...79617060hLlNOC

It's the first two pictures in the album.

It' stunning.

Maureen

Old February 14th 11, 01:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Well, naturally, I have studied the quilt and surely it's a good thing that
it is well out of my reach. In one of the big squiggly white blocks, I
would be compelled to embroider a wee tiny spider, probably with crazy
crossed eyes. It just calls to me. Polly

Old February 14th 11, 02:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I didn't mention how terrific I think your choices in fabric are. I could
not, would not even begin to attempt to piece just plain black, white and
red. My favorite is the snow on the black; that's really, really Good.
Takes it from 'expected' to delightful. Polly

Old February 14th 11, 03:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bev in TX[_2_]

When I think of a red, white & black quilt, I imagine a very bright &
almost startling combination. Your quilt is is not like that at all.
Instead I was pleasantly surprised to see a very pretty, and classy
looking quilt. Good work!

Bev in TX

Old February 14th 11, 03:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_7_]

And that, Polly, explains why you create such wonderful quilts! You see
what I don't. I looked at the black fabric and saw white dots on it. You
saw snow! That's so cool!