Whoa... AOL hacked?

Old December 19th 04, 10:30 PM
Kalera Stratton

Default Whoa... AOL hacked?

We're having all kinds of problems with phantom orders lately... orders
where the buyer tries to order something they're seeing on an old,
cached version of the website. We assumed they were probably AOL users,
since AOL insists on doing that to its customers, se we went to the AOL
website to see if they had a FAQ that might include some tags we could
insert that would cause their servers to refresh our site more
frequently, and after the AOL homepage loads, what we get is what
appears to be a hacked, blank page.

I can't quite help finding this funny, even though I know it's bad.

Check it out:

www.aol.com

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old December 19th 04, 10:39 PM
JoAnn Paules

Seems to be okay to me.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Old December 19th 04, 11:29 PM
Armand Vine

OMTP
loads slow, but goes to an apparent AOL page eventually

Old December 20th 04, 12:48 AM
Cheryl

works fine for me

AOL recently converted to a totally java script front page---
perhaps your computer or java is not

"up to date"

I don't know why companies are insisting on going to java -- many people on the
internet still don't have the capability to get those pages...

Cheryl
DRAGON BEADS
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old December 24th 04, 11:48 PM
Kalera Stratton

JoAnn Paules wrote:
Seems to be okay to me.

Oh darn... it was redirecing you to a blank page titled "AOL-WYSIWYG".

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old December 25th 04, 12:01 AM
Kalera Stratton

Cheryl wrote:
works fine for me

AOL recently converted to a totally java script front page---
perhaps your computer or java is not

"up to date"

I don't know why companies are insisting on going to java -- many people on the
internet still don't have the capability to get those pages...

Cheryl
DRAGON BEADS
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

No, it was definitely a hack, and a funny one too. They just caught
it fast... it was redirecting you to a blank page titled "AOL-WYSIWYG",
LOL!

My Java is up to date because Mr. Pants is a Java (among other things)
programmer and insists that I endure his newfangled technologies. He
just released his PHP version of my e-commerce software (open source,
guys!) and is currently writing a Java version. He will also be offering
continuing support and upgrades, and there is a product feature request
form.

For anyone who's interested and is either PHP-savvy or has a handy tech
person, you can get it here for free:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/modern/

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old December 25th 04, 01:10 AM
Kalera Stratton

Kalera Stratton wrote:
Cheryl wrote:

[...]

OK, before you go there I guess Sourceforge can take a while to actually
make the files available, so it's not there for download yet... poo!

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com