Went to the Dr

Old May 8th 07, 03:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
grammykathy

Default Went to the Dr

I went to the Dr yesterday and he put me on a 1/2 tablet of
Citalopram. It
is the generic form of Celexa.

I went by to see the grandgirls after the appointment and asked them
if they
would like to spend next week-end with Mommy. They said no until I
told
them that Daddy wouldn't be able to come. THEN Cheyann said no and
Becky
says "I'm goin to Grammy's" I told her I thought she would come an
live
with Grammy if she could and she said 'YEP' Gotta love my little
Twerpseed. I have a feeling that this summer I will be haveing Becky
quite
a bit.

Dr. made me promise I wouldn't hurt myself, I told him I couldn't I
would be
breaking two little grandgirls hearts, well, a few others too.
Besides, I
wouldn't give some the satisfaction, cause sometimes I think that is
what
they are trying for. Hey, could that be working already? LOL

Maybe NOW, I will feel more like quilting. I have one block that I
have been fighting with for 2 weeks. I love the block, it isn't hard,
it is just the operator. I have to finish it right or wrong because
it uses fabric from a swap that has to be returned in a block.

Old May 8th 07, 10:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Kathy, what exactly is that medicine for?

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never hurry, never wait.

Old May 9th 07, 03:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
grammykathy

On May 8, 4:11 pm, "Karen, Queen of Squishies" hicall80 @ mchsi.com
wrote:
Kathy, what exactly is that medicine for?

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never hurry, never wait.

I went to the Dr yesterday and he put me on a 1/2 tablet of
Citalopram. It
is the generic form of Celexa.- Hide quoted text -

As far as I know Depression. I do know I am feeling some better not
nearly so edgy and I HAVEN'T CRIED ONCE TODAY.

Old May 9th 07, 05:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

oups.com...
wrote:
Kathy, what exactly is that medicine for?

snipped
As far as I know Depression. I do know I am feeling some better not
nearly so edgy and I HAVEN'T CRIED ONCE TODAY.

Celexa is a good med. I've taken it in the past, and have recently
re-started. (I get these periods after it is in my system where I figure I
can do without meds. I do without for awhile, until the descent is so
obvious even *I* can notice it.)

Celexa is in a class of meds called Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors.
Serotonin is a chemical that helps your mood, and it is naturally occurring
in your brain. There are cells that absorb the serotonin, and SSRI's slow
down the absorption, leaving more serotonin floating around.

I have to tell you that the medicine takes WEEKS before it is effective, so,
if you are noticing a change in mood right away, it is most likely RELIEF at
knowing you are doing something that will help.

GOOD FOR YOU for visiting your doctor and getting some help. Too often folks
leave it too long (like that mammogram, pap smear, or colonoscopy we should
all have regularly and all too often neglect to schedule).

I hope the medication works for you. If you want any personal experience
observations, please feel free to contact me personally at
lisaanne_quilts @ hotmail dot com