OT-Spam? or scam?

Old December 6th 03, 11:55 PM
nzl*

Default OT-Spam? or scam?

i use mailwasher, got an email to the old but still working email addy.
previewed it, its from www.wordofmouthconnection.net, not .com.
i google'd and found a .com but no .net site. i typed the .net one in the
addy box and it came up as 'access not allowed to this site'.
the .com site opens up just fine. have emailed them about this but want to
know if anyone else here has seen this.

the email said words to the effect...
someone was 'doing research' on my background.
ding ding, warning bells
did i want future info if it happened again or did i want to go on their 'no
contact email list'
then click on the link.
more dinging, sounds like an echo in here

obviously i'm no dummy, the latest bank email scams didnt get by me.
just curious if anyone has had this one yet?
will those spammer/scammers stoop to yet lower depths of stupidity.
geeeeeeez,
jeanne
--
n.b.
return addy is as below, dont just hit reply.

Old December 7th 03, 12:22 AM
Anne

Jeanne,

I checked this on the snopes site and found it is a scam:
http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/wordofmouth.asp
--
Anne in CA
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl Crow

Old December 7th 03, 12:29 AM
nzl*

thanks, Anne,
why didnt i think to check there in the first place, arghhhhhhh.
now i can notify my own isp it goes in the rubbish bin also.
thanks, again,
jeanne
--
n.b.
return addy is as below, dont just hit reply.
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
http://community.webshots.com/album/91769946izXrSp

"Anne" wrote...