California King and procrastination

Old August 26th 03, 02:49 AM
Shelly

Default California King and procrastination

Well, I just finished the Cali King BEAST. It will be on it's way to Montana
to it's new owner and home Saturday. This quilt was made for a friend that I
found on the web about 5 yrs ago. He picked the material and it's been in
the planning stages since last June. It's finally complete. Dh is going to
work for our friend and will be able to hand deliver this gift for me. ;o)
No S&H charges! I like that! lol Now for the other 3 quilts that I have to
get busy with. Sigh I'm just glad this monstrosity is done. Maybe now Mr.
Impatient will let me rest a bit while he enjoys his new quilt. Finished IS
GOOD!
Shelly

---

Old August 26th 03, 02:03 PM
Bonnie

Shelly wrote:
Well, I just finished the Cali King BEAST.
Shelly

Congratulations, I wish mine was progressing as well. My
blocks are finished and I'm sewing them together.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old August 26th 03, 10:21 PM
Shelly

The best advice I can offer you at this time is to just jump on that quilt,
tackle it to the floor, (or other appropriate work space) and get to work on
it. I waited and waited and waited, as if this BEAST was going to jump
together without any help at all from myself. BG It never happened. lol I
finally just got to work on it and finished it. This is the last one of
these that I will EVER do, well.......at least in the summer. lol
I prefer baby and kids quilts that I can do different things with all the
time and finish quickly, otherwise I get bored very easily and end up with
UFO's. I like the planning and creating stages of quilt making. I guess the
"designing" part of the quilting. I have also learned to love doing appliqué
with the machine and this keeps me very entertained. ;o) I would get much
more done and on lots more big quilts IF I had a partner to work with. I am
a rare breed in these parts. When you mention quilting around here to
anyone, it's like you're from outer space. Either they have work for you
that they want, or need done, *usually until they hear the price for it*, or
they want to discuss just how boring quilting would be for them. lol The
ones that actually know a little about the quilting process that want work
done, ask how you can price things so cheap and that they could never do
THAT for so little money. It's just too much work. Where is the happy medium
here? lol

Shelly

Old August 27th 03, 12:57 PM
Bonnie

Shelly wrote:
The best advice I can offer you at this time is to just jump on that quilt,
tackle it to the floor, (or other appropriate work space) and get to work on
it.

Shelly

Hi Shelly,

I'm working on it everyday, some days more than others.
When mid September gets here my quilting time is more
limited and I want this finished for a Christmas gift.
It will happen!
--
Bonnie
NJ