Project in Step by Step Beads July-August 2007 Cover Picture

Old July 2nd 07, 03:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Margie

Default Project in Step by Step Beads July-August 2007 Cover Picture

I am very new to beading, I have done stained glass for 15 years and
got into fused and torch beads and started beading to combine the
fused and torch beads. And I am now more hooked on the beading. Well,
my question is I would love to do that crochet rope but it is way...
over my head. Is there a book or pattern that anybody out there knows
about that I could get my feet wet with, before I jump in to this one.
I have been doing several pieces with the different stitches, so I am
not too much of a newbie. I would appreciate any help anybody could
give me. Now remember, I am new at this so don't start throwing those
big words at me and confuse me! LOL!

Old July 2nd 07, 06:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Patti

On Jul 2, 10:26 am, Margie wrote:
I am very new to beading, I have done stained glass for 15 years and
got into fused and torch beads and started beading to combine the
fused and torch beads. And I am now more hooked on the beading. Well,
my question is I would love to do that crochet rope but it is way...
over my head. Is there a book or pattern that anybody out there knows
about that I could get my feet wet with, before I jump in to this one.
I have been doing several pieces with the different stitches, so I am
not too much of a newbie. I would appreciate any help anybody could
give me. Now remember, I am new at this so don't start throwing those
big words at me and confuse me! LOL!

"Bead Crochet", tips, techniques and 15 beautiful projects" by Linda
Lehman is supposed to be a good book. You can buy it on amazon
(www.amazon.com) for about $13.00. Stay away from Bethany Barry's
book on bead crochet, the directions are very sketchy and hard to
follow, it got terrible reviews.

Patti

Old July 6th 07, 07:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Christina Peterson

Hi Margie,

I've never read instructions for ropes, and I pretty much just do my crochet
free hand. Of course, I have to adapt what I want to do to things I can
approach that way. Eg, I don't do a patterned rope. At least not yet.

What I'd suggest is to just do a sort of variegated rope. A mix of close
color in the same size. If you do a pattern, you have to string everything
before you start and hope you don't miss a stitch or miscount your beads.

Also, use a lighter or brighter colored thread. It is insanely difficult to
crochet tiny black threads. Can't see any shading to tell you where to poke
the hook.

Tina

ps.com...