Question about Cheap Bead Looms

Old October 24th 08, 12:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels[_2_]

Default Question about Cheap Bead Looms

Me too! I'd like to try that one. The "Indian Loom" is the one I was talking
about too.

--
Karleen Cole
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
"Beadbimbo" wrote in message
Thanks, Dave!

I didn't think of checking out Rings & Things. I'm fascinated by that loom
tube. I'd never heard of such a thing!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com
"Dave Robertson" wrote in message
news

Beadbimbo;794328 Wrote:
...Has anyone use these cheap looms, and would you recommend them?...

I can't editorialize since I haven't actually done bead weaving, but I
do know our company has sold these 'bead looms'
(http://tinyurl.com/6y835m) at wholesale prices as long as I've been
here. (9 years.) We also provide some 'free loom beading information'
(http://www.rings-things.com/projects/BEADLETT.htm) on our website.
Hope that helps you some!

--Dave
at Rings & Things
(http://www.rings-things.com)

--
Dave Robertson

Old October 24th 08, 11:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

I want to look at the wooden one, too. I didn't know you could roll them to
make your project longer.

I guess I need Looms for Dummies!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old October 25th 08, 11:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

They would provide lots of entertainment. Caesar is sure different from any
dog we've ever had.

Hubby went from Chihuahua hater to, "I wish we could have about 6 of them."

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

"Vibrant Jewels" wrote in message
My hubby is something else! LOL This marriage is proving to be something
else too. You get 2 old and moldy ppl set in their ways trying to get it
together... LOL Maybe a troop of Chihuahuas would help! hahahahahahahaha
--
Karleen Cole
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
Vibrant Jewels web sto http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/welcome.htm
Vibrant Jewels JustBeads Auctions:
http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=21770
CLICK HERE to join myYahoo Group:
Ebay Auctions:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZvibrantjewels
"Beadbimbo" wrote in message
I will. Right now I'm teaching Chain Maille, Seed Beading, and a Jewelry
Class (basic stringing, headpins, etc.).

I want to see BHC, but will probably wait until it comes out on disc.

I'm still laughing about hubby trying to knock the Chihuahuas off you.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com
"Vibrant Jewels" wrote in message
Keep us posted Jerri, we love to hear about what you're doing. And be
sure
to get Caesar to model whatever the kids make!

I saw Beverly Hills Chihuahua... I thought it was a hoot. Between that
and
your doggie, I'm seriously thinking about getting me one.

My sis in law's friend has a teacup, he is super sweet, but costs $600...
little rich for my unemployed self.

Reminds me... my new hubby woke up the other am and said, "Did I touch
you
last night?" And I'm thinking, duh, probably. He said he woke up in the
middle of the night (he thought) and saw a bunch of chihuahuas licking my
face... and he was trying to get them off me. I nearly about fell out of
the
bed laughing. tee hee hee

--
Karleen Cole
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
Vibrant Jewels web sto
http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/welcome.htm
Vibrant Jewels JustBeads Auctions:
http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=21770
CLICK HERE to join myYahoo Group:
Ebay Auctions:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZvibrantjewels
"bluemaxx" wrote in message
. ..
Hi, Jerri. Those cheap bead looms work just fine...you are talking about
the
little metal ones? I still use mine for looming embellished bracelets.
The only drawback I've ever seen is that they aren't very wide for larger
pieces. But for looming bracelets or small strips of loomed work to put
onto a hat, blouse, etc. - they work just fine. Good luck with the
class!

--
hugs,
Linda

"Beadbimbo" wrote in message
:I work at an arts program with kids, and I've taught chain maille, wire
: jewelry, and seed beading to ages 9-16. I've thought about doing a
loom
: class and have been looking at the cheap looms on line. (Have to keep
: expenses down.) Shipwreck Beads has a couple. I think FMG has one.
:
: Has anyone use these cheap looms, and would you recommend them? One
year,
: we made the looms out of shoebox lids, and the kids did really well
making
: project with them, so I think they could handle it.
:
: --
: Jerri
: www.beadbimbo.com