OT berry picking

Old July 25th 05, 12:17 AM
Ann

Default OT berry picking

DH and I went berry picking yesterday afternoon. Specifically for
saskatoons and we got a couple of buckets. Fresh saskatoon pie is just
fresh out of the overn and smells wonderful. Right beside the saskatoon
bush were wild raspberries. Just enough to eat off the bush. Sooooo good.
Where we were picking berries there is a pincherry bush. Just 1 and should
be ready soon. Hopefully I can get them picked before someone else spies
them. Makes heavenly jelly and pancake syrup

Ann....will be enjoying fresh pie shortly
http://community.webshots.com/user/mrs_ducky

Old July 25th 05, 12:39 AM
Pauline O'Connell

I have to ask - what is a saskatoon berry? Is it like any other berry? And
a pincherry bush? Sorry - I must live a sheltered life in California

Pauline
newskVEe.103383$wr.26406@clgrps12...

Old July 25th 05, 01:28 AM
Ann

Sorry Pauline, I"m Canadian g and I'm sure you have things in Cal. that I
wouldn't know what they are!!

Saskatoon trees are native to Canada. Very similar to a blueblerry. Did a
bit of surfing and in the US they are also called serviceberries. As for
pincherries, they are similiar to a choke cherry. Small red berries Lots
of pucker power but oh so good after you get past the first few. But then,
same goes for all wild fruit/berries as opposed to their commercialized
counterparts

Ann........who thoroughly enjoyed her hot-out-of-the- oven fresh saskatoon
pie. And who was also out of vanilla ice cream
http://community.webshots.com/user/mrs_ducky

m...

"Ann" wrote in message
newskVEe.103383$wr.26406@clgrps12...
DH and I went berry picking yesterday afternoon. Specifically for
saskatoons and we got a couple of buckets. Fresh saskatoon pie is just
fresh out of the overn and smells wonderful. Right beside the saskatoon
bush were wild raspberries. Just enough to eat off the bush. Sooooo

good.
Where we were picking berries there is a pincherry bush. Just 1 and

should
be ready soon. Hopefully I can get them picked before someone else spies
them. Makes heavenly jelly and pancake syrup

Ann....will be enjoying fresh pie shortly
http://community.webshots.com/user/mrs_ducky

AD - "Berry Beachy" Seashells Dawn >^..^ Beads 20 May 26th 05 03:37 PM
AD - Berry Cappuccino Lampwork Kandice Seeber Beads 15 September 16th 04 07:50 PM
Story - Picking Teams Debbie B Beads 1 June 2nd 04 02:33 AM
Picking out machine embroidery? Cheryl Isaak Needlework 4 October 1st 03 04:16 PM