pls help--need good source for discount on malden mills fleece for more baby blankets :-)

Old November 14th 03, 12:57 PM

Default pls help--need good source for discount on malden mills fleece for more baby blankets :-)

OK--more baby blankets on the way :-) :-) :-)
after making 16 blankies to donate, i thought i'd try to make a dozen
or so to sell to family and friends...
i need 8 yards of white and 8 yards of baby blue malden mills
microfleece--without paying $11/yd at the malden mills retail store...
i found some pink at fabric.com--great deal, except it was flawed BIG
TIME and they don't have anymore..

anyone have any ideas?
thx!!!
Old November 14th 03, 02:31 PM

pls help--need good source for discount on malden mills fleece for more
baby blankets :-)

more baby blankets on the waysnip
i need 8 yards of white and 8 yards of baby blue malden mills
microfleece--without paying $11/yd at the malden mills retail store... i
found some pink at fabric.com--great deal, except it was flawed BIG TIME
and they don't have anymore..
anyone have any ideas?
---
I am not sure if this will fill your needs, (it may be a resource for
huge orders only), but,
for bulk projects like this, and the charity project you did, check out
www.fabrics.net:
an info/resource/referral network. Lots of good info, but look for
'Wholesale Fabric Requests: Discussion, special offers, and new contacts
access: resource for networking with wholesalers, mills, and mfgs.
You can fill out a 'fabric wanted' request, and fabrics.net has an
online 'retail store', with price breaks on quantity or rolls.
Also check;
fashionfabricsonline
fashionfabricsclub.com
And:
sewbaby.com had fleece the last time I checked.
cloth4less.net (an online portal to the LA. fabric district. Wholesale
bolts or fabric by yd. Free shipping in US; all this info is from last
time I logged on in 2002. At that time, they had some great close-out
deals.
HTH
Cea

Old November 18th 03, 10:42 AM
Kyla

I run a Malden Mills co-op from time to time (this isn't spam, I promise!),
and from my experience, the flawed fleece is really common. Fabric.com buys
MM seconds (a lot of people/places do), but even the first quality stuff has
flaws. I had emailed about a roll I received that had runs all the way
across the width of the fabric in four places, in the last ten yards of the
fabric, making that a ten yard loss for me. But the email I got in response
from MM was that they judge first quality as having a certain percentage of
"good" inches. So, technically, the roll only had about 4" of flaw (on a
30+yd roll), and was sold as firsts. They refunded my change, because I
made a stink (*I* was still out 10 yds, because I couldn't cut around the
flaws), but did take the time to explain their method to me.

To find micro cheap, search the Yahoo Groups for co-ops. fleece co-ops,
diaper co-ops, fabric co-ops, cloth diaper supplies, etc. I'm in the cloth
diaper biz, and MM is *the* fabric, so it is constantly being co-oped for
around $3-6 (for micro; 300wt and windpro usually run $6-12).

Hope this helps!) Email me if you don't find what you are looking for,
and I will ask around my *connections* ;o)

--
Kyla @Hippobottomus.com
http://www.Hippobottomus.com