Gutermann Thread

Old November 17th 04, 09:13 PM
Sharon Harper

Default Gutermann Thread

I love my Gutermann, it's the only thread I have in the house. However last
night I came across what for me is very very strange. My roll of 100%
cotton/cotton appeared to be "cut" every 20-25 inches. Now if I was using
this on my machine I'd be spitting nails but because I happen to be hand
sewing the whirlimacallits together (getting there real good - should be
finished the top in another ooooooooooh 2 months!) it was okay because it
saved me reaching for the scissors!

Has this ever happened to you? I tried to find a contact on their website
who was remotely local but for some reason it didn't want to work, so I sent
a note to the email on their home page. Who knows if I'll get a response.

Just curious whether others have had this happen.

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under

Old November 17th 04, 09:13 PM
Flossy

no never had such a thing happen
Flossy
Malvern England
***** Queen of Plaids ******
http://www.flossy.net

Old November 17th 04, 10:35 PM
teleflora

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
u...

Has this ever happened to you? I tried to find a contact on their website
who was remotely local but for some reason it didn't want to work, so I
sent
a note to the email on their home page. Who knows if I'll get a response.

Just curious whether others have had this happen.

Yeah, I had it happen on cone thread once. But it soon came to light that
DD was just amusing herself. She had taken my craft knife and scored the
thread cone. She was probably 10. It seems I had never told her NOT to do
that.

This is the same child who put her tongue on the sweater shaver.

I can't believe she grew up.

Cindy

Old November 17th 04, 11:59 PM
JoyceG in WA

Sharon -

It sounds as though the thread may have been cut through when the shipping box
was opened by the store clerk. I have noticed this problem with items in all
kinds of shops, including the yarn shop where I work. It takes very little
pressure to cut through a box or tape, and if items are packed tightly, the
razor can score the items below the box seam.

HTH-
JoyceG in WA

Old November 18th 04, 02:26 PM
mauvicem

RFLOL
reminds me of "Please Don't eat the Daisies"
My oldest son is inquisitive also....also a miracle he is grown up....He's
the fellow who moved to Fla. without a map on an overnight whim, and then
was curious why there was so much smog...this when they had the big fires in
Fla....only aobut 5 miles from where he landed....

Old November 19th 04, 01:17 AM
Beth Pierce

It sounds as though the thread may have been cut through when the shipping box
was opened by the store clerk. I have noticed this problem with items in all
kinds of shops, including the yarn shop where I work. It takes very little
pressure to cut through a box or tape, and if items are packed tightly, the
razor can score the items below the box seam.

I'm with you, Joyce. I buy only Gutermann thread--cotton and
polyester, spool and cone---and I have never come across this problem.
Because it is in increments tells me that it may have been cut while
someone was opening the box.
Old November 19th 04, 01:18 AM
Dee in Oz

DH's niece tried to shave once too, the same one that fed the dogs dry
dog food ...one for me, one for you....
DD tried to shave her tounge with a sweater shaver too.

Be interesting to see what Gutermann say if/when they reply

Dee in Oz

Old November 19th 04, 02:43 AM
Sharon Harper

Haven't heard anything yet but we'll see. In the meantime my scissors have
gone into retirement!

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazrules/my_photos

om...

"teleflora" wrote in message

[...]

FS sewing embroidery,crochet,cross stich thread 80% off Great Deals Marketplace 0 January 20th 05 01:58 PM
NEWEmbroidery thread sewing thread for sale with pictures check it out Sewing & Embroidery Deals Marketplace 0 December 10th 04 07:21 PM
Machines and thread question muse9 Quilting 69 October 1st 04 09:44 AM
rayon thread Roberta Zollner Quilting 0 February 20th 04 12:02 PM
how do I size thread? Jean Peach Needlework 1 July 11th 03 05:30 PM