Happy Dance - Finally!

Old December 17th 03, 08:03 PM
Ellice

Default Happy Dance - Finally!

Just a little Happy Dance. I finished up the "Harvest of Berries" Sampler by
Betsy Stinner, Earth Threads that I started in October. Happy to finish it,
only had to frog one blackwork section - 2 times. Once - I was thinking
about it because I realized that I was off by 2 threads on the right - the
very first leg - I had done over 4 threads instead of 2 - on the left. The
entire section was stitched - but.... Then DH said - "oh, well, it's really
pretty - but are you going to enter it in something - it's not quite perfect
- will anyone notice?" Followed by "Oh, that leg there [a horizontal stich
over 2 threads] - it's not laying exactly right, but I guess it'll be right
when you stretch it?" So, needless to say, I ripped all 3 inches of
black-work, then did it again, and then frogged half because my eyes played
tricks and I thougth I was off by 1 thread - but not.

So, it's all done. It's not going to be a gift - HAH! And now, I have to
decide the framing thing. I'll put a pic up on my website sometime - and
solicit opinions. Of course, I should add - the chart was from a feature on
Betsy Stinner, in the April 2000 Just CrossStitch. Who says I can't find
things in my stash? I think I had been ready to do this, had all but two of
the Weeks colors, bought them, put them in a little bag with the rolled up
piece of linen - and forgot about it - until it nearly bit me from the book
case in my office.

That was the weekend fun. Lots of stitching time to finish it - while our
phones were out for 4 days! Nice - the telemarketers don't hit the cells!

Ellice

Old December 18th 03, 01:37 PM
BDS2pds

Congratulations!!!

In March or so I am finally starting the Leon Conrad book I bought with his
threads --Elizabethan elegance--. I got it last Christmas and have not opened
it! I have two sweaters to finish and quilt as IOUs from this Christmas and
then it is my turn.
Old December 18th 03, 05:34 PM
Ellice

On 12/18/03 7:37 AM,"BDS2pds" posted:

Congratulations!!!

In March or so I am finally starting the Leon Conrad book I bought with his
threads --Elizabethan elegance--. I got it last Christmas and have not opened
it! I have two sweaters to finish and quilt as IOUs from this Christmas and
then it is my turn.

Thanks! I understand this feeling - I'm just happy to finish something
that's actually just for us, just because I liked it. Now, back to the
sewing for others ;^)

ellice

Doin' the happy Dance JL Paules Beads 2 April 30th 04 12:50 AM
Doing the Happy Dance (I got Kalera Beads)!!! Marissa Undercofler Beads 1 February 13th 04 03:16 PM
Happy Dance! Mellissa Allison Needlework 2 October 26th 03 07:56 AM
Small Happy Dance Bonnie Needlework 2 August 5th 03 12:46 PM
Happy Dance Sampler45 Needlework 1 August 5th 03 04:02 AM