Tail Catcher

Old April 15th 10, 10:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Sandy Bell

Default Tail Catcher

On Apr 15, 5:15*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 4/14/10 1:31 AM, in article
, "Sandy

Bell" wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm trying to track down something called a Tail Catcher
- a great little device that allows you to use threads right down to
the end (you know when the needle is too long and you can't end off)
and then you use this device to pull the end through. *Can't seem to
find any here in Oz and would love to pick some up when I come to the
States in Sept. *Can anyone help please?
Sandy

How about I nab a Star Detailer at Celebrations and mail it to you

You are a sweetheart Cheryl, would love that. I'll email you my
address and in return anything I can send you from Oz?
Sandy
Old April 15th 10, 10:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Sandy Bell

On Apr 15, 8:53*am, Ruby wrote:
Donna McIntosh wrote:

I use a very small steel crochet hook like a US 12 . works for me.

Donna in S. IN

Same here. works a treat and easy to find in my tool kit.

Ruby

Thanks Ruby, I'll also check that out here.
Sandy
Old April 15th 10, 10:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Sandy Bell

On Apr 14, 11:02*pm, Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
On 4/14/2010 1:31 AM, Sandy Bell wrote:

Hi everyone, I'm trying to track down something called a Tail Catcher
- a great little device that allows you to use threads right down to
the end (you know when the needle is too long and you can't end off)
and then you use this device to pull the end through. *Can't seem to
find any here in Oz and would love to pick some up when I come to the
States in Sept. *Can anyone help please?
Sandy

I have a friend who makes these and sells them at out LNS for about
US$6. *Not sure if they will ship to Oz, though. *Beaded wire loop - one
long end and a shorter end for threading a needle, if you want. *we call
them Fiber Hiders.

--
* ^..^ This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to help
her wipe out Bunny's world domination.

Yes please! I can do my Christmas shopping at one time! Can you check
if your friend would ship some here - could open a whole new market
up, 'cos stitchers here would fall in love with it!!
Sandy
Old April 15th 10, 02:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Sandy Bell wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm trying to track down something called a Tail Catcher
- a great little device that allows you to use threads right down to
the end (you know when the needle is too long and you can't end off)
and then you use this device to pull the end through. Can't seem to
find any here in Oz and would love to pick some up when I come to the
States in Sept. Can anyone help please?
Sandy

Where in the States will you be visiting? If we know that, we can
help you with LNS locations. I'm sure there are lots of us here who
would be willing to send you any sort of thread catcher -- me included.
I thought you wanted to shop for them yourself but would be happy to
send you one or two or forty-seven :-). CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old April 15th 10, 02:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ruby

Sandy Bell wrote:

Thanks Ruby, I'll also check that out here.
Sandy

The one I use is a very fine one, cant imagine crocheting with it. Many
times though I simply slip my needle under a few stitches and then
thread the end into it and pull it through. (when I am too lazy to paw
through my tool kit. LOL!)
Good luck.
my problem has always been that I tend to cut more floss than I need for
a particular area so tend to be floss wasteful. what I really need is a
magician to make all those thread pieces one whole piece. Ha!)
ruby
Old April 15th 10, 04:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
F.James Cripwell

Karen C - Calif ) writes:
Ruby wrote:
my problem has always been that I tend to cut more floss than I need for
a particular area so tend to be floss wasteful.

Rough figures, you will get one inch of completed Xs from 5" of floss.
So if you're working on 14-count fabric, you'll need 5" of stitchable
length for 14 stitches, 10" for 28 stitches, 20" for 56 stitches. Add
on your own fudge factor for starting and ending (since some of us start
with a scant 1/4" caught under the current stitching and others waste 4"
on an away waste knot).

Obviously, that's 5" of floss for an inch of stitches all in one block.
If you're doing onesie-twosies scattered over 10 square inches of
fabric, that's a whole 'nother calculation.

--
Karen C - California

Putting this another way, you can get approximately 1800 stitches from an
8 meter skein of floss at 14 and 16 stitches to the inch. You will get
more if stitches are close together in the pattern, and less if they are
widely scattered. Jim.

Old April 16th 10, 06:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Sandy Bell

On Apr 15, 11:30*pm, Tia Mary wrote:
Sandy Bell wrote:
[...]

Tia Mary, will be in San Francisco then Chicago (my home town) before
returning to Oz. Would love to shop for special thread catchers if
anyone can tell me where to find them once I'm there. Cheryl has
kindly offered to send a Star Detailer so that will do until I come
over. Sandy
Old April 16th 10, 12:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 4/16/10 1:28 AM, in article
, "Sandy

Sandy Bell wrote:
[...]

Sandy - send me your snail mail to my email.

Cheryl
In snowy??? NH

Dye Catcher Marie Dodge[_2_] Quilting 2 March 30th 08 01:51 PM
Dye Catcher? Cindy Schmidt Quilting 9 February 4th 07 06:08 PM
Horse's tail fp Knots 2 December 28th 06 08:38 PM
3 dimentional dream catcher instructions needed Donna General Crafting 1 November 18th 04 12:47 AM
FA: Authentic Indian Dream Catcher + Sweet Grass Disgo Marketplace 0 November 17th 03 05:10 PM