how do I thread it?

Old June 3rd 06, 05:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

Default how do I thread it?

I got a Kenmore Md 158.1792280 in the dump. It appears to work but I
have no idea how to thread it. The bobbin is in and loaded already. I
looked online for a manual with no luck so far. Can you help me and
give me an idea how to do it. I have an old American standard machine I
have to hand thread. I assume that this Kenmore auto threads but how do
I start that process?
Thank you
DJW

Old June 3rd 06, 07:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

djw wrote:
I got a Kenmore Md 158.1792280 in the dump. It appears to work but I
have no idea how to thread it. The bobbin is in and loaded already. I
looked online for a manual with no luck so far. Can you help me and
give me an idea how to do it. I have an old American standard machine I
have to hand thread. I assume that this Kenmore auto threads but how do
I start that process?
Thank you
DJW

Is this your machine?
http://www.laeom.com/sewingkenmore158504page9.htm

If so, other pages that may be useful are at
http://www.laeom.com/sewingkenmore158504.htm

Doreen in Alabama
Old June 3rd 06, 08:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

"djw" wrote in message
oups.com...
I got a Kenmore Md 158.1792280 in the dump. It appears to work but I
have no idea how to thread it. The bobbin is in and loaded already.
looked online for a manual with no luck so far. Can you help me and
give me an idea how to do it. I have an old American standard
machine I
have to hand thread. I assume that this Kenmore auto threads but how
do
I start that process?

I don't find a model number like that he

http://www.sewusa.com/Sewing_Machine...g_Diagrams.htm

but under the Kenmore 158 column, they do list a 1792:
http://www.sewusa.com/Threading_Diag...ng_diagram.htm

Not sure that helps.

Nor do I find that exact model number under the Kenmore list he
http://www.sewusa.com/Sewing_Machine...chines_158.htm
but perhaps you could send an e-mail to their contact: Sewusa1 [at]
yahoo [dot] com and ask?

HTH,

Beverly

Old June 3rd 06, 09:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

Is there some way you could snap a digital picture of the machine and
post a link to it?

Amy Stinson
Owner, MACHKNIT (the longest running LISTSERV on the craft of Machine
knitting in the world)

oups.com:

Old June 3rd 06, 09:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

Generally speaking the thread starts from the spool, goes through a
guide, then through the tension discs, then perhaps through a guide,
then through the uptake eye, then through a guide, then through the eye
of the needle which is normally left to right. You know when it's
threaded right when it sews right.

oups.com:

Old June 4th 06, 03:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

Beverly,
Thanks for the help the link below most looks like the machine if not
exactly the one hard to tell from the angles and being just line
drawings. All I know is that the threading diagram worked.
http://www.sewusa.com/Threading_Diag...ng_diagram.htm

I played around with the knobs and buttons but can only figure out
about 85 percent of them. Now if I could find a manual online? I got a
reply from sears parts department that was strange they said they could
not provide a manual because they did not make the machine. I wrote
back asking why did it then have the Kenmore name on it. I thought they
were one in the same. It seems that no Kenmore model has that long as
in that many numbers in it's model numbering. But I got the old
magnifying glass out and have triple checked it and that the number
158.1792280 with a serial number of 51054755.
Thanks again!
DJW

BEI Design wrote:
oups.com...

Old June 4th 06, 04:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

djw wrote:

[...]

Kenmore is the Sears brand name: they buy them in from all over, and
always have. Once they no longer have the machine on their stock list,
they stop keeping the bits for it, it seems. You need to examine the
machine carefully and see who made it for them: contacting the
manufacturer may help with finding a manual. In the other hand the
Yahoo Wefixit group may be able to help...

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old June 4th 06, 08:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

djw wrote:
Beverly,
Thanks for the help the link below most looks like the machine
if not
exactly the one hard to tell from the angles and being just line
drawings. All I know is that the threading diagram worked.
http://www.sewusa.com/Threading_Diag...ng_diagram.htm

Yeah!!! I'm so glad that helped!

I played around with the knobs and buttons but can only figure
out
about 85 percent of them.

Trial and error is a fabulous teacher. ;-)

Now if I could find a manual online?

Well, you may still find a manual, do try the e-mail contact at
http://www.sewusa.com it's worth a shot.

Beverly

Old September 25th 08, 08:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
samanta2000

samanta2000 had written this in response to
http://www.sewgirls.com/textiles/Re-...d-it-1463-.htm :

Amy Stinson wrote:

Generally speaking the thread starts from the spool, goes through a
guide, then through the tension discs, then perhaps through a guide,
then through the uptake eye, then through a guide, then through the eye

of the needle which is normally left to right. You know when it's
threaded right when it sews right.

"djw" wrote in message
oups.com:

I got a Kenmore Md 158.1792280 in the dump. It appears to work but
have no idea how to thread it. The bobbin is in and loaded
already. I
looked online for a manual with no luck so far. Can you help me
and
give me an idea how to do it. I have an old American standard
machine I
have to hand thread. I assume that this Kenmore auto threads but
how do
I start that process?
Thank you
DJW

-------------------------------------
Here is a place where you can get a a
href="http://gotoes.org/sales/FreeThreadDiagramKenmore158.htm"free threading
diagram/a for that machine.

Delivered via http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.sewing - 3627 messages and counting!

Old September 29th 08, 06:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Judie in Penfield NY[_3_]

"djw" wrote in message
oups.com:

I got a Kenmore Md 158.1792280 in the dump. It appears to work but
have no idea how to thread it. The bobbin is in and loaded
already. I
looked online for a manual with no luck so far. Can you help me
and
give me an idea how to do it. I have an old American standard
machine I
have to hand thread. I assume that this Kenmore auto threads but
how do
I start that process?
Thank you
DJW

Here's a better threading diagram, you can also buy a manual here.

http://www.sewusa.com/Threading_Diag...ng_diagram.htm

Judie