Knitted Flowers?

Old July 11th 06, 07:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Els van Dam

Default Knitted Flowers? - Update

In article . ca, "David
R. Sky" wrote:

Els, what is the 'little crank one' called? I was wondering earlier how to
make such a mechanical device, and here you mentioned it lol! David

I bought mine from the Loom, yarns store on the Island, They are made of
plastic, and have four knitting machine needles positioned around a
plastic tube. The crank moves these needles up and down. Once you have
stitches on the needles the yarn automatically moves the latches open en
close while you turn the crank. They are made by different manufacurers.

http://www.allbrands.com/products/abp08057-0094.html

Good night David

Els

--
Ja for Jazz and cobra loose the rrrrrrrr
Old July 11th 06, 08:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Richard Eney

In article ,
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
I thought the whole idea of ICORD hapened when one DOESN`t turn them

I think I meant to say "instead of switching the needle to the other
hand".

,,,,,,i cast on my stiches , turn my needle 1 time , knit and fron now
on SLIP the stiches

If I understand you correctly, that's what I was trying to describe.

=Tamar

If you want to see an artwork with Loads of ICORDS , where i also used
it by widening them and adding to sides etc,, go to my page
www.fibersiv.israel.net

open the exhibition "Mapressions Loci"
the work /map of "BOSMAT TIVON"
mirjam

Old July 11th 06, 03:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
David R. Sky

Thanks Els, that mechanism will help tremendously in a future project I've
got planned!

David

Old July 11th 06, 03:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
David R. Sky

Thanks for this link also Shirley! David

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006, Shirley Shone wrote:

There is made by Inox.
You can see it at.
http://www.angelyarns.com/yarn/accessories.php

You will have to scroll down to find it.
Shirley

In message . ca, David R.
Sky writes
Els, what is the 'little crank one' called? I was wondering earlier how to
make such a mechanical device, and here you mentioned it lol! David

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006, Els van Dam wrote:

In article , Shirley Shone
wrote:

If It was me I think I would make the cords for the stems using a
French knitter.
We use a cotton bobbin with four nails in as a child.
You could pull some thicker cord through with a wire in the middle.
Shirley

Shirley, I have a little crank one and that is indeed a great way of doing
it fast.

Els

Old July 12th 06, 06:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Yes Tamar we are on the same technique
mirjam