Need a crochet poncho pattern

Old July 7th 04, 11:26 PM
internetchick

Default Need a crochet poncho pattern

Something with an open, airy design. I have done a google search looking for
a free pattern with no luck ( Looks like I *may* have to buy a pattern
LOL. Could search Goodwill I guess. Keep in mind I am 26, so nothing too
dated looking. I like Vintage patterns, but ones that work for today.
Classic feeling patterns, not necessarily trendy. Oh! And one I can add lots
of fringe to, as I LOVE fringe LOL.

Leticia

Old July 7th 04, 11:58 PM
Elizabeth

"internetchick" wrote in message
Something with an open, airy design. I have done a google search looking

for
a free pattern with no luck ( Looks like I *may* have to buy a pattern
LOL. Could search Goodwill I guess. Keep in mind I am 26, so nothing too
dated looking. I like Vintage patterns, but ones that work for today.
Classic feeling patterns, not necessarily trendy. Oh! And one I can add

lots
of fringe to, as I LOVE fringe LOL.

Leticia

http://makeashorterlink.com/?H11922FB8 has many - I like this one -
http://makeashorterlink.com/?M27954FB8

Hope this is useful

Liz

Liz

Old July 8th 04, 12:04 AM
internetchick

"Elizabeth" wrote in message

"internetchick" wrote in message
Something with an open, airy design. I have done a google search looking

for
a free pattern with no luck ( Looks like I *may* have to buy a pattern
LOL. Could search Goodwill I guess. Keep in mind I am 26, so nothing too
dated looking. I like Vintage patterns, but ones that work for today.
Classic feeling patterns, not necessarily trendy. Oh! And one I can add

lots
of fringe to, as I LOVE fringe LOL.

Leticia

http://makeashorterlink.com/?H11922FB8 has many - I like this one -
http://makeashorterlink.com/?M27954FB8

Hope this is useful

Liz

Liz

Those are nice shawls! They did have a bunch of poncho links too, thanks :-)

Old July 8th 04, 12:37 AM
Elizabeth

[...]

:-)

Oops! Why did I read ponchos and think shawls? Must be the late hour here
(nearly midnight when I posted!

Liz

Old July 8th 04, 12:59 AM
Richard Eney

In article ,
Elizabeth wrote:
"internetchick" wrote
Something with an open, airy design.

snip
I like Vintage patterns, but ones that work for today.
Classic feeling patterns, not necessarily trendy.
Oh! And one I can add lots
of fringe to, as I LOVE fringe LOL.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?H11922FB8 has many - I like this one -
http://makeashorterlink.com/?M27954FB8

Those are nice shawls! They did have a bunch of poncho links too, thanks

Oops! Why did I read ponchos and think shawls? Must be the late hour here
(nearly midnight when I posted!

It's a good idea, anyway. What's a poncho but a shawl that is done in
the round? I could see one of those Faeroe Islands lace shawls (that
are shaped for the shoulders with a straight panel up the back) done
with another straight panel inserted in the front to connect the two
sides.

=Tamar
Old July 8th 04, 02:07 AM
internetchick

Oops! Why did I read ponchos and think shawls? Must be the late hour here
(nearly midnight when I posted!

Liz

No biggie, I love shawls too. I just made this one
http://www.angelfire.com/journal2/do.../croshawl.html for myself,
finished it yesterday. Will probably make more in a few more colors, since
this one I made is grey. i love it, but want bright colors too.

Leticia

Old July 8th 04, 02:42 AM

Oh, Leticia, I luv your shawl and it looks great on you and I want to
try out the pattern.

OT/ You made a terrific how to site/page on Angelfire and my hat is off
to to you since Angelfire is pushing their blog pages all over the place
and seems to displace regular pages. Good going.

Mona

Old July 8th 04, 03:14 AM
internetchick

wrote in message
Oh, Leticia, I luv your shawl and it looks great on you and I want to
try out the pattern.

OT/ You made a terrific how to site/page on Angelfire and my hat is off
to to you since Angelfire is pushing their blog pages all over the place
and seems to displace regular pages. Good going.

Mona

That's not my shawl, it's a pattern I got off the internet. I said it was my
shawl, because it spoke to me when I saw it LOL. I in no way meant to take
credit for that woman's pattern. It is a nice site, isn't it? The one I did
is on my blog(yep, I joined the crowd LOL) at http://yarncove.blogdrive.com/
To me, they grey looks darker in the picture than it does in real life.

Old July 8th 04, 04:04 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Leticia , how about soething with your Own Monogram in the middle ,
than around it some Different patterns ,, this will look clasic yet of
THIS time ,,, mirjam

Old July 8th 04, 10:22 AM
Emma

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 22:26:24 GMT, "internetchick"
wrote:

Something with an open, airy design. I have done a google search looking for
a free pattern with no luck ( Looks like I *may* have to buy a pattern
LOL. Could search Goodwill I guess. Keep in mind I am 26, so nothing too
dated looking. I like Vintage patterns, but ones that work for today.
Classic feeling patterns, not necessarily trendy. Oh! And one I can add lots
of fringe to, as I LOVE fringe LOL.

Leticia

I recently made one from the Rowan Cotton Braid book (although I used
Cotton Tape instead). Its very open and has a fringe. I think that the
Cotton Tape must be heavier than the Cotton Braid because the point of
the poncho nearly reaches the floor at the moment (although I suspect
washing it might tighten it all up again).

HTH

Emma