two brick roads

Old June 22nd 06, 03:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default two brick roads

Thanks, Rita! This pattern is very fun and easy, with wonderful various
results!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Another vote for the red one here. Very, very nice.

Rita L.

Old June 23rd 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

My vote is for the red and white one, too! But they are all great!

--
Donna in NE La.
"Karen, Queen of Squishies" RisingStars @ KarenTucker.com wrote in message
I love this oh-so-versatile pattern. I had a lot of fun with the YBR this
winter! Here are the pictures of the two I finished this spring for two
of
the three couches in my house. Batik Brick Road, and Winter Brick Road,
the
first two photos in the 'my work' album.
http://community.webshots.com/user/hicall

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old June 23rd 06, 12:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thanks, Donna, it was a lot of fun. You should try one sometime!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old June 23rd 06, 01:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thanks, Susan, and what a great idea about the fussy cutting!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

I like the red one too! I wonder how many YBR patterns have been sold?
I have used it many times for charity quilts which others have helped
me make so have probably chosen the fabrics for at least 25 YBRs. No
matter what fabrics are used they all turn out great. Usually I try to
coordinate the fat quarters but once we just used all the leftovers
and it still was nice. It works well with flannel also. Several times
we have used squares from a printed panel for the larger square. This
makes cutting a little more wasteful but the finished quilt is themed
around those panels and of course the unused squares from the fat
quarters are never really wasted.

Susan Price

Old June 23rd 06, 02:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I like the red one too! I wonder how many YBR patterns have been sold?
I have used it many times for charity quilts which others have helped
me make so have probably chosen the fabrics for at least 25 YBRs. No
matter what fabrics are used they all turn out great. Usually I try to
coordinate the fat quarters but once we just used all the leftovers
and it still was nice. It works well with flannel also. Several times
we have used squares from a printed panel for the larger square. This
makes cutting a little more wasteful but the finished quilt is themed
around those panels and of course the unused squares from the fat
quarters are never really wasted.

Susan Price

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 20:08:10 GMT, "Karen, Queen of Squishies"

Old June 23rd 06, 10:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I'm leaving in a few minutes for my LQS for a class and while I'm there I'm
going to buy fabric for a YBR. My son just got promoted to Area Manager for
Arby's and I saw some fabric with burgers, fries and shakes on it. So
thought I would make him a throw to celebrate his promotion. I know Arby's
sells roast beef but I figure it's close. LOL

--
newsxQmg.1037905$xm3.149928@attbi_s21...

Old June 24th 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hi Karen

Finally managed to get in the webshots album.

I love them both but I too prefer the red and white! I have YBR pattern
sitting in my stash; gotta get one made!

Claudia

Old June 24th 06, 10:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thanks, Claudia!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old June 24th 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

chuckle.......... Oh really?

Karen, Queen of Squishies

You know where to send that Winter Brick
Road!!
PAT in VA/USA

baby brick road pics Queen of Squishies Quilting 21 November 12th 05 04:45 PM
Yellow Brick Road teleflora Quilting 31 May 31st 05 01:20 AM
brick stitch? Laura J Yarn 4 September 3rd 04 01:34 AM
My First (completed) Brick Stitch Project Barbara Forbes-Lyons Beads 9 July 5th 04 02:28 AM
I just learned brick stitch mªdcªt Beads 1 October 13th 03 04:11 AM