OT Story: How to meet your best friend

Old May 12th 04, 07:00 AM
starlia

Default OT Story: How to meet your best friend

I was working for a very large hospital system in the Dallas/Fort Worth area
as a JCAHO/HR guru. JCAHO is how hospitals are rated on a volunteer basis,
but it does keep a lot of the federal agencies out if you get the
certification.

We had a brand new boss who implemented monthly senior staff meetings.
Every other month we would have a staff meeting off site. Since we had so
many hospitals affected we always tried to make the off-site meetings
somewhat central to everyone.

One month I suggested we go out to my friend Tammy's large dairy farm that
also houses one of the best little T-Bone shacks in the country. Tammy's
dairy is the second largest in Texas and you can imagine all the beef they
had available. Some folks balked at the idea because it was out of their
way. Other's loved it because it was closer to their location. I won out
because it was a free venue and the t-bone meals were only $6.99 for all you
could eat.

Once the meeting began a lot of folks started talking in a way that you
could not hear but you knew something was up. A new person walked in with
our boss. She was rather larger and her skin was a beautiful milk
chocolate. She set up with everyone else but I kept hearing, "who is that?"
Of course being the shy person that I am everyone nominated me to find out
who she was.

Lunch was our first break and everyone was curious. I walk up to this new
person and say with hand outstretched, "I'm Starlia. Who the hell are you?"
Once she stopped laughing, Ella told me that she was our boss' new
assistant. From that moment on Ella and I have been the best of friends.

No one was shocked by my introduction and my interrogation. So with that
said....I'm Starlia. Who the hell are you?

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Old May 12th 04, 08:31 AM
Candace

No one was shocked by my introduction and my interrogation. So with that
said....I'm Starlia. Who the hell are you?

Starlia, you make me miss my mom. *sniffles* She is just like you, and taught
me to be much the same. I need to go visit her, damnit!

~Candace~ your local hemp goddess

Old May 13th 04, 01:21 AM
starlia

We, Ella & I, always like to tell our story. We are so much alike it's
scary. At times our large group hated that we could communicate without
even talking. We still can. The group also thought I had the inside scoop
because she was the VPs assistant. It was never true because Ella is so
professional and I would never needle her for answers anyhow.

OT Story - Math Skills Jalynne Beads 3 May 2nd 04 04:23 AM
[Ganoksin] [March 2004] Tips From The Jeweler's Bench Kandice Seeber Beads 10 March 9th 04 08:52 PM
Story - A MIL Story Jalynne Beads 2 March 8th 04 12:30 PM
Story - The Party Kandice Seeber Beads 0 November 9th 03 12:37 PM