wispy boro beads

Old May 11th 04, 12:42 AM
Beth

Default wispy boro beads

OK... who here makes them? You know the ones, the wisps of color drifting
over the surface of another color... encased in clear, so they look deep and
floaty like fairy wings.???

I'm looking for some. OK... so I'm looking for 3-6 color is moot... just
have to have that floaty wispy look...
can anyone help by pointing me in the right direction???

beth

Old May 11th 04, 01:42 AM
Beadseeker

Beth,
Try Koregon on Ebay. She and her husband, Dan, make beautiful cased boro
beads in a variety of colors.
Patti

Old May 11th 04, 02:52 PM
Karin Cernik

Koregon is great. I've also been buying from jubaglass lately - not so
much wispy as swirly, but great beads and gorgeous colors.

Karin

Old May 11th 04, 03:21 PM
Beth

anyone here dealt with a seller named MO Beads? Looks like the lampworker
is only 15 years old!!! But the beads are really pretty.... and in my price
range. I found some spectacular beads whilst searching!
Here are the blues I'm bidding on (craftybeader53)
http://cgi.msn.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...467&category=3
4070&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

these, however are so exquisite I can hardly breathe when looking at them.
http://cgi.msn.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...506&category=3
4070&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

Old May 11th 04, 05:29 PM
Kalera Stratton

Those are both WC members, and yes, Aaron is only 15 and a most
delightful, talented young man. You should see his soft glass beads!
He's really amazing, and hasn't been torching all that long either.

Sonya has a real way with pinks. I love her stuff.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old May 11th 04, 06:51 PM
Karin Cernik

I just bought his two sets of 5 mixed boro beads... very pretty stuff.
I'm on a real boro kick lately... and I'd better start selling something
with everything I've been buying! :-)

Karin

Old May 11th 04, 06:58 PM
starlia

I know Aaron through WC and his mom. They both make up MO beads. Aaron is
very talented and I am watching his auctions more and more.

Old May 11th 04, 08:12 PM
Dr. Sooz

Beth, honey, if you look at the Links List there's a description after every
lampworker's name. It tells you what kind of lampwork they make to make it
easy for you to find what you want.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old May 12th 04, 12:33 AM
Christina Peterson

Lovely beads, but I don't like the pansy in the picture. The thumbnail
makes it look like that's the dominant color in the beads/picture, and
inclines me to NOT consider the beads (since I don't usually work with that
color, and don't have matching beads, or whatever). Noticed the same think
with a different artist using a lavender/pink flower.

Tina