Ad: Sale of Stained Glass/Fused/Beads books

Old July 25th 05, 10:58 AM
derek

Default Ad: Sale of Stained Glass/Fused/Beads books

Take a look - Sale good till the end of the month. Same day despatch.
Anywhere.!

http://www.pandorasbookshop.com

Tks for your time!

Old July 25th 05, 02:32 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Nice selection of lampworking books. Great for the UK beaders!

It is 'dispatch', though, not despatch. ;-)

----------
Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay & Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

Nurturing doesn't end at birth: breastfeed, co-sleep, babywear.

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness.
(Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com. Shopping carts, blogs, image galleries, content management and more!
Old July 25th 05, 07:30 PM
derek

Well, I'll be hornswoggled! Caught out by the old mis-spelling of dispatch
again, heh? The last time, I had to take Hughie Green and his TV quiz
company to court (1969, I think it was) - it was a £16,000 question - a lot
of money in those days.. This will mean nothing to those outside the UK, but
those old enough to remember old Hughie, sly fox that he was, will surely
smile..
:-)

According to my New Oxford Dikshonary of English... (and I quote..)
DESPATCH - variant spelling of DESPATCH. This spelling, of course, may
differ from the spelling in the New York edition...

Anyway, I digress.

You are of course, correct, with your comment regarding the selection of
bead books. I'm always on the lookout for more.. so if anyone out there can
recommend any good bead books or indeed, DVD's/Videos.. I'd be pleased to
hear from them.

Thanks,

Derek

Old July 25th 05, 10:45 PM
Su/Cutworks

Derek wrote:

Well, I'll be hornswoggled! Caught out by the old mis-spelling of dispatch
again, heh? The last time, I had to take Hughie Green and his TV quiz
company to court (1969, I think it was) - it was a £16,000 question - a
lot
of money in those days.. This will mean nothing to those outside the UK,
but
those old enough to remember old Hughie, sly fox that he was, will surely
smile..
:-)

Not a problem although your response is coloured by the fact that you're in
the UK and the lady you're writing to is in the US. However, once we figure
out that we're all still divided by a common language you can turn your
attention to your grocers' apostrophes in the DVD department! That would be
many grocers who own many apostrophes, most of them misplaced!

;-D

You are of course, correct, with your comment regarding the selection of
bead books. I'm always on the lookout for more.. so if anyone out there
can
recommend any good bead books or indeed, DVD's/Videos.. I'd be pleased to
hear from them.

I'd suggest before adding more items you re-do your layout so that the text
in it is readable as it seems to have slunk off to the right of your middle
frame. And although it's lovely to have light text on a dark background for
dramatic impact it's blinkin' hard to read. Most people find arty
information nice but prefer straightforward and readable pages.

As to the DVDs I can recommend any of Corina Tettinger's work. We own her
stringer control DVD and think very highly of it. Videos may be more
problematic as there is the same sort of translation problem with them as
with the dictionaries, and also remember anyone wanting a DVD here in the UK
will need to have a multi-region player for the US discs. In particular,
I'd like to be able to simply rent them rather than purchase them but it
doesn't seem possible here.

Cheers and good luck with the books. I'm fascinated by a bookshop that
sells Hot Heads as an extra bit of kit.

-Su (I can use either dictionary, they both confuse me equally)

Old July 26th 05, 12:44 AM
Christina Peterson

I learned to spell in the US, then taught my kids to spell in Canada, and
now I'm back in the US, but I had to go through Canada to get here to
Alaska. The one British spelling distinction I most appreciate, is cheque
and check. I especially like it for record keeping when I check off my
cheques.

Tina

Old July 26th 05, 12:55 AM
Polly S.

Su/Cutworks wrote:

Not a problem although your response is coloured by the fact that you're in
the UK and the lady you're writing to is in the US. However, once we figure
out that we're all still divided by a common language you can turn your
attention to your grocers' apostrophes in the DVD department! That would be
many grocers who own many apostrophes, most of them misplaced!

;-D

Ok, now I'm just dizzy!

I'd suggest before adding more items you re-do your layout so that the text
in it is readable as it seems to have slunk off to the right of your middle
frame. And although it's lovely to have light text on a dark background for
dramatic impact it's blinkin' hard to read. Most people find arty
information nice but prefer straightforward and readable pages.

Shows up correct and easily readable in my browser (Firefox). hmmmmm
(The larger font size makes it easier to read than those that have light
text on dark pages with small, even tiny, fonts. ewwwww!)

-Su (I can use either dictionary, they both confuse me equally)

--
Polly