yarn doily

Old July 5th 03, 12:00 PM
Sue Carlson Dunn

Default yarn doily

"Katherine Burgess" wrote in message

"Sue Carlson Dunn" wrote
Someone (Katherine possibly?) posted a lovely saying quite a while
ago: "In America a hundred years is a long time, in Britain a

hundred
miles is a long way." It's true - well, the British bit anyway!

;-)))

How odd that you posted this today, Sue. Keith and I went out for

dinner
tonight, and we were discussing that very thing with our friends.

There are
people here who are amazed that houses which are 200 years old are

still
being lived in, while over your way, there are many much older! And

I have
to drive 600 km on Sunday, just to get to the ferry so that I can

start my
vacation!
It's all relative, I guess.

Indeed, bits of my crumbling pile were built either in 1608 or 1613 -
no one's quite sure - certainly the plumbing dates from that era ;-))
And I'm always finding interesting fragments of pot and old chinaclay
pipes when digging the garden.
--
Sue CD...quietly unravelling in Cumbria...
Pot Luck Crafts www.howhill.com

Old July 9th 03, 05:55 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Sue you are a genious i never thought knitting my ex t shirts into
seed stich ,,, wow !!! i always made the
k1 wrap around needle 1, k1 wan 2, k1, w 3,k1 w2
k1 w1, than knit 5 till end than next row knit next row k5 , the k1
w1, etc.....
Ibut i mde this for summer shirts not for rugs ,,
by the way did you try knitting Bias ribbon ,, works great ,,
mirjam