UK beaders?

Old May 5th 04, 01:06 PM
Su/Cutworks

Default UK beaders?

Well, ok.

I'm not resisting this very well, am I?

My husband is now getting interested in beads. This is a Good Thing, I
think.

My question now is where do we find info in the UK about suppliers or
teachers of lampwork and beadmaking? Any links gratefully received.

Thanks.

-Su

Old May 5th 04, 05:38 PM
Helen Page

Su/Cutworks wrote:
My question now is where do we find info in the UK about suppliers or
teachers of lampwork and beadmaking? Any links gratefully received.

Well, at some point you will be able to go to http://www.ukbeaders.co.uk for
info, but don't look yet cos it's a complete mess and still needs a lot of
work doing on it! I need to figure out exactly how it'll work and then
there's a script I need to buy & install... then a load of content to add...
I'll post here (and various other places) when it's ready to launch.

Old May 6th 04, 12:16 AM
Kalera Stratton

I have a couple of suggestions; one is to go to the www.isgb.org forum,
and ask for information there. The other is to got to ebay.co.uk and
search lampwork beads, then email some sellers and ask them if they
know of anyone in your area who teaches.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old May 6th 04, 07:17 AM
Shirley Shone

I typed "glass bead making " in and came up with these two sites that
may help.

http://www.glass-bead.co.uk

http://www.hotglassbeads.co.uk

Here is another place that I visited a couple of years ago to buy some
beads. I had met the owner when he had a stall at a craft show where I
did a demo.
There are no classes advertised but when I was there they did say I
could go and learn to make beads

http://www.tuffnellglass.co.uk

Shirley

In message , Kalera Stratton
writes

--
Shirley Shone
Old May 6th 04, 08:44 AM
Su/Cutworks

Kalera wrote:

I have a couple of suggestions; one is to go to the www.isgb.org forum,
and ask for information there. The other is to got to ebay.co.uk and
search lampwork beads, then email some sellers and ask them if they
know of anyone in your area who teaches.

Thanks for the link.

It's always so much better to get direct info from people who know.
Sometimes a person can surf for weeks before hitting the right site.

-Su

Old May 6th 04, 08:46 AM
Su/Cutworks

Shirley wrote:

I typed "glass bead making " in and came up with these two sites that
may help.

http://www.glass-bead.co.uk

http://www.hotglassbeads.co.uk

Many thanks! Himself is home today, or will be once he's back from the
doctor's, so I'll sit him down and make him do some surfing.

Here is another place that I visited a couple of years ago to buy some
beads. I had met the owner when he had a stall at a craft show where I
did a demo.

http://www.tuffnellglass.co.uk

I always think of Phil Tuffnell when I see that name. I doubt that
cricketers retire to make glass beads though!

Thanks very much for the links.

-Su

Old May 6th 04, 08:55 PM
Amanda Richards

I know Diana East does classes http://www.diana-east.co.uk/ and there is
Glass Beadmakers UK http://www.gbuk.org/ they list courses on their website
and downstairs I have a leaflet on a fair of glass beadmakers, will post
details later if you'd like them

Cheers
Amanda
Nottingham
PS e-mail address is spam trapped

Old May 7th 04, 09:26 AM
Su/Cutworks

Amanda wrote:

and downstairs I have a leaflet on a fair of glass beadmakers, will post
details later if you'd like them

Yes, please. I think a fair would get the husband inspired.

He's already surfing for sites, which is a Good Thing.

-Su

Old May 8th 04, 11:50 AM
Amanda Richards

OK Su,

Here's the blurb from the flyer.
'As part of the International Glass Festival Glass Beadmakers UK will be
hosting their very first bead show - some of the UK's leading bead artists
will be there displaying and selling some of their latest work'
Sunday 29th August 2004, 10.30am to 4.30pm at The Bonded warehouse, Canal
street Stourbridge. For details www.gbuk.org Tel 01296 437406
And a web site for The International Festival of Glass www.ifg.org.uk

Have fun
Amanda

Old May 9th 04, 12:10 AM
Su/Cutworks

Amanda wrote;

'As part of the International Glass Festival Glass Beadmakers UK will be
hosting their very first bead show - some of the UK's leading bead artists
will be there displaying and selling some of their latest work'
Sunday 29th August 2004, 10.30am to 4.30pm at The Bonded warehouse, Canal
street Stourbridge. For details www.gbuk.org Tel 01296 437406
And a web site for The International Festival of Glass www.ifg.org.uk

Thanks!

It's funny, Stourbridge is accessible for us by boat, but not that late in
the season! It takes us four days to get the 27 miles from Manchester to
our home mooring and we have to be back for the start of school in September
so taking the boat's out. At least we drive down and have a day out to
Stourbridge though. I'm very excited about getting to a bead show, it will
help my husband to be able to see the work in hand rather than pictures.

I have it on the calendar now, we'll be there unless something happens to
keep us from travelling.

The links are very helpful and much appreciated.

-Su

Beaders Rule!! DreamBeadr Beads 4 February 3rd 04 04:31 PM
Book Review: The Beader's Palette EL Beads 0 December 6th 03 09:23 PM
Book Review: A Beader's Reference by Jane Davis roxan Beads 0 December 1st 03 08:38 PM
Stamps for beaders Christina Peterson Beads 0 October 13th 03 04:12 AM
AD - Cool Beader's T-shirts and mugs for sale! Dr. Sooz Beads 0 July 10th 03 03:40 AM