Intarsia Carriage

Old July 16th 03, 08:25 PM
Brenda Smith

Default Intarsia Carriage

Hi Shannon
The yarns are laid across the needles manually then knitted with the
carriage so there are no floats.
I thought the SK150 carriage had the intarsia setting built in to the
carriage. There is a plastic one for the SK155
Brenda in NZ

Old July 16th 03, 08:26 PM
Joanne

Brenda Smith wrote:
Hi Shannon
The yarns are laid across the needles manually then knitted with the
carriage so there are no floats.
I thought the SK150 carriage had the intarsia setting built in to the
carriage. There is a plastic one for the SK155
Brenda in NZ

Yes, the only reason that there are no floats is because
you lay the thread in by hand and don't carry it across
the bed, but only in the area you want it. You do have to
twist it with the next color to prevent holes.

--
Joanne

Old July 17th 03, 02:01 PM
Shannon

Ok. That's what I wanted to know. Both my machines have the Intarsia built
in and that's what I've been using. I couldn't understand how an Intarsia
carriage would do any different. Thanks, Shannon