Another one done! :)

Old August 4th 07, 07:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

Default Another one done! :)

Last night I finished #2 of the three Jennie Rayment projects I started
at camp. This one is called Tucked-Up Circles, and it may well be my
favorite of the three. It's at
http://www.sandymike.net/fabmanip.html#Tucked-Up_Circles; I've also
added a detail photo of Twitch, Twiddle & Tweak, as well as one for
Tucked-Up Circles.

TUC had us adding folded fabric into a circle cut into wedges, next
sewing the circle back together and then "fiddling" with the tucks that
resulted. I did mine all in one color (pale ones work best), since I
wanted the emphasis on the texture, rather than on the colors/fabrics.

Now I have an EQ6 lesson and a Math for Quilters lesson to do for Quilt
University, and then I may be able to get going on the third project.
With DH away for a few days, I'm doing more than I'd be able to do
normally. G
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)
Old August 4th 07, 08:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

They both look great!

You've got quite a few things going on. I admire your ability to get
them all done.

marcella

Old August 4th 07, 08:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
Marcella Peek wrote:

They both look great!

Thanks, Marcella.

You've got quite a few things going on. I admire your ability to get
them all done.

marcella

Maybe you'd better hold of on the admiration until I *do* get them done?

Old August 4th 07, 08:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Oh boy, they're pretty! The setting is just right for the circles.
Well done, Sandy. It's marvellous to see that the classes at camp, year
after year, turn into such beautiful things.
..
In message , Sandy
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 4th 07, 09:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
Patti wrote:

Oh boy, they're pretty! The setting is just right for the circles.
Well done, Sandy. It's marvellous to see that the classes at camp, year
after year, turn into such beautiful things.

Thanks, Pat! I'm so glad you like them. But don't look too closely
at my camp projects, or you'll remember that I haven't yet finished the
ones from 2006.

Old August 4th 07, 10:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

That looks great Sandy. How fun to get your projects finished.
I have no doubt your get to last years sooner or later. : )
Taria

Old August 4th 07, 10:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ti6ti.15362$ug3.3547@trnddc06,
Taria wrote:

That looks great Sandy. How fun to get your projects finished.

Thanks, Taria!

I have no doubt your get to last years sooner or later. : )
Taria

I hope ....

Old August 4th 07, 10:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati C.

Both of those are wonderful, Sandy. And both classes I had wanted to
take. sigh. Maybe one year...... G

Lovely indeed.

Pati, in Phx
http://community.webshots.com/user/PatiCooks

Old August 4th 07, 11:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article , "Pati C."
wrote:

Both of those are wonderful, Sandy. And both classes I had wanted to
take. sigh. Maybe one year...... G

Lovely indeed.

Pati, in Phx
http://community.webshots.com/user/PatiCooks

Thanks, Pati! I wish you had been able to take the classes -- they
were such fun, and I really like all of this twiddling and fiddling. G

Old August 4th 07, 11:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Go, Sandy, go! That is beautiful. Dancing in the moonlight for ya!

Karen, Queen of Squishies