OT Just for fun- oddball sandwiches

Old October 16th 07, 12:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

Default OT Mayo vs Miracle Whip (was OT Just for fun- oddball sandwiches)

a lot of butter is eaten here in nz.
i was raised on margarine, butter on holidays and special occasions.
so we also ate margarine til recently.
now we've found a spread made from rice bran oil. it tastes as good as
anything we've eaten before.
its lower in fat by a mile.
also great in baking. its more expensive but what the heck.
and i was brought up with Best Foods Mayo. i still love it but its way to
high in fat for me now.
i gotta cut out as much fat as i can, not doing so hot when dh brings home
big fat juicy chocolate muffins.
jeanne

"Bobbie Sews Moore" wrote...
I used to never eat a sandwich without Duke's mayonnaise. Now I mostly use
Imperial spread, and when friends come over for a meal, they think the
Imperial tastes like real butter on the baked potatoes.
Barbara in FL

Old October 16th 07, 12:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DrQuilter[_2_]

Default OT Just for fun- oddball sandwiches

I love tongue.. especially prepared the spanish way (a la vinagreta!)

I do not enjoy PB though. And Miracle Whip to me tastes like fake mayo..
).

All cultural, obviously.

Pati C. wrote:
I haven't had a liverwurst sandwich in years.G will forgo the onion
and peanut butter on it though. VBG

One of my favorite sandwiches is beef tongue. I know it sounds gross,
but tongue is really tender and good. Best cooked in a pressure cooker,
with seasoning. Cool it, peel it and slice for sandwiches with good
mustard. yummy..........I think I need to go find the one that is in the
freezer and cook it tonight. Rick is out of town and I can have it all
to myself.

Pati, in Phx

--

Dr.Quilter
drquilter at gmail dot com
Old October 16th 07, 01:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debi Matlack[_2_]

"Debra" wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 22:09:14 -0400, "Debi Matlack" wrote:

I think I was ruined on peanut butter on sammitches by my dad at a very
early age. I distictly remember him mixing the PB and J in a cup BEFORE
spreading it on the bread. What a disgusting color it became. I know
perfectly well that it all gets mixed up anyway, but *shudder*.

Oh, how dreadful for you. Your dad must have grown up eating that
horrible Goober Grape, or some similar product, and thought it tasted
good. A new jar of it looks good, but you can't get it out of the jar
without mixing the stripes together and ending up with something akin
to odd colored sticky mud. The look is bad enough but it doesn't
taste good either so I can't figure out why this awful stuff is still
on the market after 40 years.

I think Dad may predate GooberGrape, unless they had it in the Navy and
that's where he got the idea...Horrible stuff.
Oh. Yes. I like cookies just fine... just not keen on the PB ones
--
Debi (has the waistline (or lack thereof) to prove it)

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

Old October 16th 07, 02:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
off kilter [email protected]

On Oct 14, 2:51 pm, "Leslie & The Furbabies in MO."
wrote:
We've done this before but not for a while... it's always fun. What's
*your* favorite oddball, strange, weird, gross, etc. combination for a
sandwich?

Mine is wheatberry bread, butter (no darn margarine!), peanut butter and a
layer of those thick, extra crispy potato chips. YUM!!! Enjoying one right
now and The HairyButt Gang is impatiently waiting for their little piece of
it, too.

How 'bout it? Dare to confess? VBG

Leslie, Missy & The Furbabies in MO.

Nobody else in the house seems to like these....just me (well, my Dad
is the one who got me into them), but peanut butter and
raisins...doesn't matter if it's on white or wheat. He also does the
banana and peanut butter, but I can't handle that...lol. I also do
things like leftover biscuits with ham...what I had for lunch
today..and cold, can't heat them up or else what's the point? lol

Larisa

Old October 16th 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
MB

Not that odd but I've been eating it since I was 8 years old..
PB, Jelly and banana !

"Kellie J Berger" wrote in message
leave off the chips and add a huge glass of milk (chocolate or plain) and

am right there with ya!

yum...

also like frenchbread with cucumbers and jack cheese in the summer

Kellie

Old October 16th 07, 03:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 11:15:35 -0500, "teleflora"
wrote:

I thought the same thing about real butter for years and years. That's one
taste change I wish I'd never embraced. I eat way more bread and butter
since discovering the joys of the real stuff. I never ate bread with my
meal until then. Now I can eat a whole loaf. Ummm.... butter.

Cindy

You should try it on home made bread. By the time the bread machine
stops running I am fairly starving for the bread and can hardly wait
for it to cool much. Warm fresh bread and butter is a balanced meal,
right?
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old October 16th 07, 03:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

If you want balanced you need to slather it with homemade jam
too. Apricot or berry is best imo.
Taria

Old October 16th 07, 03:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

Are you kidding??? That's what I WAS talking about. I don't dare buy a
bread machine. That's the only thing that keeps me from eating a loaf a day.

The French bread from the bakery is bad enough. You pop that in the
microwave and it tastes almost as good.

Cindy

Old October 16th 07, 03:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

I don't know if maybe it's better to eat a teaspoon of margarine than 1/4
cup of real butter. Teaspoon for teaspoon you're better off but you're
probably best off with neither.

Cindy

"Taria" wrote in message
you are better off with real butter than margarine.
Taria, fat nazi...

Old October 16th 07, 03:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
A&T[_2_]

Mustard and onions...yep...just bread, mustard and onions.

Tricia in TX
http://tricialangner.myphotoalbum.com

Oddball sweater post---?? Merri Yarn 3 February 25th 07 10:19 AM
Good use for oddball fabric scraps jes Sewing 0 December 9th 05 08:00 PM
Oddball question ~Candace~ Beads 15 September 4th 04 09:13 PM
Clothes line Those small sandwiches... Katherine Yarn 15 July 11th 03 09:06 AM