I'm back!!!!

Old August 2nd 07, 02:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
A&T[_2_]

Default I'm back!!!!

I'm doing backflips over the fact that Houston Comcast and Earthlink have
now gotten my news server back up.

I don't like that I am back in Outlook Express, but maybe it won't be too
long until I can use Thunderbird again.

Hugs to those who have needed them, cheers and happy dances to those who
have deserved them!!!

Tricia in TX
http://tricialangner.myphotoalbum.com

Old August 2nd 07, 02:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"A&T" wrote:

I'm doing backflips over the fact that Houston Comcast and Earthlink have
now gotten my news server back up.

I don't like that I am back in Outlook Express, but maybe it won't be too
long until I can use Thunderbird again.

Hugs to those who have needed them, cheers and happy dances to those who
have deserved them!!!

Tricia in TX
http://tricialangner.myphotoalbum.com

Welcome home, Tricia! It's good to see you back here.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)
Old August 2nd 07, 12:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Welcome back, Tricia. Big hugs to you!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old August 3rd 07, 01:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas

Default I'm an outcast -- was, I'm back!!!!

On Aug 1, 6:06 pm, "A&T" wrote:
I'm doing backflips over the fact that Houston Comcast and Earthlink have
now gotten my news server back up.

I don't like that I am back in Outlook Express, but maybe it won't be too
long until I can use Thunderbird again.

Hugs to those who have needed them, cheers and happy dances to those who
have deserved them!!!

Tricia in TXhttp://tricialangner.myphotoalbum.com

Ack! As of this morning, I can no longer get newsgroups! I don't know
what's going on, and I've talked to five different techs at EarthLink
so far, all to no avail. Yesterday I got a message telling me that
EarthLink's newsgroup service was going to be better than ever, but
they've apparently messed something up that was working just fine
before. (( I'm on Google right now, but I hate that I can't find a
way to disguise my email addy or to have an automatic signature! :
( grumble, grumble

Old August 3rd 07, 02:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Sandy- quick get yourself a Yahoo addy and use that. That's how I've done
it for three years. Yahoo has a great spam filter, too. It's a really good
option for not being able to munge your email addy.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

"Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas" wrote in message
ups.com...

Old August 3rd 07, 04:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Connie[_2_]

In article . com,

On Aug 1, 6:06 pm, "A&T" wrote:
[...]

Hey Sandy,
Try http://www.motzarella.org ... they give FREE accounts out - all you
need is a reader and an internet connection. It's private, safe and
-ahem- FREE - so while you're being jerked around by Earthlink, you're
not risking a loss of privacy or extra $$ being spent.

Everyone I know who uses it LOVES it!

I hope it all works out, Sandy!!

--
Happy quilting & quilty hugs!!
Connie

I've started a FREE eZine ... and I've posted *LOTS* of free applique patterns!
Check it out!
http://sewverycreative.blogspot.com/ ---- that one's been blocked due to
"higher than normal ranking" .... so in the meantime, visit me @
http://www.sewverycreative.com/andsewon - I'm still uploading the patterns from
the old blog AND new ones!
Old August 3rd 07, 02:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
Connie wrote:

Hey Sandy,
Try http://www.motzarella.org ... they give FREE accounts out - all you
need is a reader and an internet connection. It's private, safe and
-ahem- FREE - so while you're being jerked around by Earthlink, you're
not risking a loss of privacy or extra $$ being spent.

Everyone I know who uses it LOVES it!

I hope it all works out, Sandy!!

Gosh, thanks, Connie! You've rescued me! It was really easy to set up
an account with them, and all of my settings in my newsreader just
worked fine. Motzarella doesn't carry a couple of the groups I've been
reading, but that's not a big deal -- it has most of them.

Thanks again! Yippee!

Old August 3rd 07, 02:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote:

Sandy- quick get yourself a Yahoo addy and use that. That's how I've done
it for three years. Yahoo has a great spam filter, too. It's a really good
option for not being able to munge your email addy.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Thanks, Leslie! I'll keep that in mind if/when I need to use Google
again.

Old August 3rd 07, 04:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Connie[_2_]

In article , Sandy
wrote:

In article ,
Connie wrote:

Hey Sandy,
Try http://www.motzarella.org ... they give FREE accounts out - all you
need is a reader and an internet connection. It's private, safe and
-ahem- FREE - so while you're being jerked around by Earthlink, you're
not risking a loss of privacy or extra $$ being spent.

Everyone I know who uses it LOVES it!

I hope it all works out, Sandy!!

Gosh, thanks, Connie! You've rescued me! It was really easy to set up
an account with them, and all of my settings in my newsreader just
worked fine. Motzarella doesn't carry a couple of the groups I've been
reading, but that's not a big deal -- it has most of them.

Thanks again! Yippee!

I was just passing along advice someone gave me when Knology (my ISP)
decided that newsgroups just wasn't important enough to keep stable.

I ended up using it for about two days - then Knology came back up (I
imagine after tons of angry calls? Lord knows I complained!!!). But
before that, I lost NGs every day - they'd just .... disappear! ...
so I'm feelin' ya!

Motzarella doesn't carry any binary groups ... but I don't see you
downloading black market apps, so ...

But Motzarella DOES add new groups every day (so I've been told and so
I've seen). So take heart - if you end up having to use M for a bit,
your groups will pop up!

Old August 3rd 07, 06:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
Connie wrote:

I was just passing along advice someone gave me when Knology (my ISP)
decided that newsgroups just wasn't important enough to keep stable.

I ended up using it for about two days - then Knology came back up (I
imagine after tons of angry calls? Lord knows I complained!!!). But
before that, I lost NGs every day - they'd just .... disappear! ...
so I'm feelin' ya!

Motzarella doesn't carry any binary groups ... but I don't see you
downloading black market apps, so ...

But Motzarella DOES add new groups every day (so I've been told and so
I've seen). So take heart - if you end up having to use M for a bit,
your groups will pop up!

Thanks again, Connie! It was a bit of a panic here for a little while
when I couldn't access Motzarella either after the first try, but now
things seem back to normal.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)
http://www.sandymike.net

We're Back!!! Eureka Stamps website is back! Sidny Rubberstamps 0 November 20th 05 10:02 PM
OT sorta : Back home and back online - long Heather Cross Quilting 3 May 11th 04 03:45 AM
I'm back Laura Yarn 7 October 7th 03 03:02 PM
back again! Polly Esther Quilting 3 September 8th 03 01:04 AM