COMMISSION

Old June 1st 07, 04:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
RR

Default COMMISSION

I need advise as to the going rate of commission
of turnover of models designed by freelancers

THANKS
Old June 1st 07, 07:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Abrasha

RR wrote:
I need advise as to the going rate of commission
of turnover of models designed by freelancers

THANKS

As much as you can get.

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Old June 2nd 07, 02:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Carl

When RR put fingers to keys it was 5/31/07 11:45 PM...

I need advise as to the going rate of commission
of turnover of models designed by freelancers

Try that again in different words. Feel free to use more of them, and
some punctuation. I can't quite make sense of the message.

- C
Old June 2nd 07, 11:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
RR

Carl - thanks for responding - I thought it was clear - obviously was
wrong.

A jewelry designer - freelancer - was asked by a manufacturer to
submit
a number of designs which he will produce and sell through his retail
outlets.

He is willing to pay a certain amount per each model ($150) and in
addition
a certain percentage from that model sales.
And the question was - what is the rate to be??

THANKS

Old June 4th 07, 04:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
ted frater

RR wrote:

[...]

What was the specification for the designs?
Also what price range is the product meant to sell at?

If it was for something simple well maybe the offer was reasonable.

But if the design was a complicated one offering $150.00 is a bit of
an insult.
Is the manufacturer a small outfit or a multi national?
Makes a difference!!.

One needs the complete picture to offer any sensible comment.
Old June 5th 07, 09:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Sarit Wolfus

On Jun 2, 1:01 pm, RR wrote:
Carl - thanks for responding - I thought it was clear - obviously was
wrong.

A jewelry designer - freelancer - was asked by a manufacturer to
submit
a number of designs which he will produce and sell through his retail
outlets.

He is willing to pay a certain amount per each model ($150) and in
addition
a certain percentage from that model sales.
And the question was - what is the rate to be??

THANKS

You'll have to negotiate the best deal for you. Does the manufacturer
commit to a certain minimum pieces per week/month/year? You'll be able
to negotiate the percentage, given their reply. Also, are you giving
them exclusivity for these models?
Good luck!

Sarit.
http://sarit-jewelry.com

Old June 6th 07, 06:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
RR

Any design that they pay for is theirs' exclusively - yes