Sad report

Old March 9th 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Sad report

hoping this comes thru... cannot see my posts (or many others...) I just
got word that Joann James passed away on Wednesday. My heart goes out to
her family and friends....

Dear Friends, Quilters and Correspondents,

Mum / Joann / JJ, was admitted into Lister hospital on the morning of Monday
6th March suffering from the worsening affects of her recent and ongoing
ailments and the additional burden of a reoccurring chest infection.

Mum passed away peacefully on Wednesday morning, her boys with her and with
the knowledge that dad was rushing back from Costa Rica.

We're sorry about this somewhat impersonal way of delivering this bad news.
Having trawled mum's emails to find her recent correspondents, so we're
sorry that we don't know all of you from your email addresses and may have
missed a few. We were heartened from these emails knowing that mum loved and
was loved by you all.

We will keep checking mum's email if you wish any further information.

Ray (RayJ) Paul (PJ) Andrew (AJ) and Duncan (Jabbah)

--
-- Kellie
kjbeanne at yahoo dot com

Old March 9th 06, 06:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hi Kellie,
I too just received the e-mail from JJ's family....I had just written a
response e-mail to JJ this past weekend, and I do know the pain she was in.
I do want to report to the RCTQ, her last note to me was of great comfort
and proof of the love the RCTQ quilters bring to others.
Her sign off message was simply:
"ps:We are all making use of our quilts - lots of shivering & whinging is
going on :-)"

Both her husband & son are sick, it is good to know they have our HUGS with
them when they need it most.

Teri

--
Terbear~Curator of the HUG Gallery~
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/HUGS

Teri's quilts~
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts

Old March 9th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 16:54:43 GMT, "Kellie J. Berger"
wrote:

[...]

Words fail me. I met JJ down at Malvern a few years ago. What a
lovely woman. She will be missed.

-- Jo in Scotland
Old March 9th 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Kellie J. Berger wrote:

[...]

Please pass my condolences to her family. She will be sorely missed,
both here and elsewhere.

I had not realized just how ill she was.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old March 9th 06, 06:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

So sorry to hear of her passing.
Barbara in SC and now FL

Old March 9th 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thanks Kellie
I've just seen this so sad message in my mail a few minutes ago. We
have spoken several times since she was diagnosed with the latest kind
of cancer that she had to fight. She probably was angry inside, but she
managed to make a joke about almost everything. One of her sons is not
well, either; and her husband is also suffering from something nasty.
These two things she did *not* joke about.
I'm so proud to have known her and very glad I met her and her DH before
they were too ill to have fun.
..
In message , Kellie J. Berger
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old March 9th 06, 08:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article ,
"Kellie J. Berger" wrote:

[...]

I'm *so* sorry to hear this! Please send my condolences and {{{Hugs}}}
to her family. We all knew, of course, that she's been sick for some
time; but I didn't realize that it was this bad.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old March 9th 06, 08:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Oh, dear! A light has gone out in our
quilting world. JJ, Joann James was a
treasure. She was funny, smart, friendly, and
fun loving. JJ was stoic about her health
problems, and continued to enjoy life as much
as she could. She enjoyed her family, her
friends, and her quilting.

The James Family has my condolences and
prayers. I hope they will find comfort in
memories.

Rest in Peace, Dear JJ

Pat in Virginia

Old March 9th 06, 09:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Oh no I can't believe this, I have known Joann for a number of years, and
spent time with her with otherRCTQ'ers. She was a fantastic lady, funny,
talented, loved by all. We had so much fun at the UK quilt shows together,
and always laughing and laughing......

My heart goes out to her children and loved ones

Moira