Anyone have a source for men's thimbles?

Old January 13th 05, 05:07 AM
BEI Design

Default Anyone have a source for men's thimbles?

[posted to both sewing groups]

I've googled, but everything I have found so far has been in women's sizes
S-M-L or 0 up to 7. I have large hands and I wear a 7, it would be too
small for my new SIL, who wants a large man's thimble, I'd like to find him
both a metal and a leather one.

Anyone???

TIA,

--
Beverly
delete no spam and .invalid to reply

Old January 13th 05, 06:49 PM
Valkyrie

Here's a mail order link I found that has thimbles up to a size ten, they
carry both leather and metal. Put "thimble" in their search option and
you'll find all kinds of them in every category.
http://www.createforless.com/homePage.asp

Val

Old January 13th 05, 08:44 PM
BEI Design

Valkyrie wrote:
Here's a mail order link I found that has thimbles up to a size
ten, they carry both leather and metal. Put "thimble" in their
search option and you'll find all kinds of them in every
category. http://www.createforless.com/homePage.asp

Val

Aha! That's just what I was looking for. They actually have one in a size
12:
http://www.createforless.com/product...roductID=65290

Now if I can just figure out how the sizing works...

Thanks!

Old January 13th 05, 11:42 PM
Kay Lancaster

http://www.greenberg-hammer.com/store.asp?ItemID=1089 (to size 13)
http://www.bblackandsons.com/store/notions.html (to size 14)

Old January 14th 05, 01:25 AM
Fay

"BEI Design" wrote in
:

Valkyrie wrote:
Here's a mail order link I found that has thimbles up to a size
ten, they carry both leather and metal. Put "thimble" in their
search option and you'll find all kinds of them in every
category. http://www.createforless.com/homePage.asp

Val

Aha! That's just what I was looking for. They actually have one in a
size 12:
http://www.createforless.com/product...roductID=65290

Now if I can just figure out how the sizing works...

Thanks!

I wear a size 6 ring and a size 6 thimble.
Old January 14th 05, 01:38 AM
BEI Design

"Fay" wrote in message

I wear a size 6 ring and a size 6 thimble.

Interesting connection. And, wow, tiny hands! ;-) I can't fit my mother's
size 7 on anything but my pinkie.

Since DSIL was just recently married, I may be able to get his ring size,
but that would be on his "ring" finger, *left* hand. He is right handed. I
use my thimble on the middle finger of my right hand, and it's actually a
size 9 (I discovered when I held it just right). The fingers of my hands are
substantially different in size left and right, I cannot put my wedding band
on my right ring finger at all. I'll have to find out on which finger DSIL
wants to use a thimble.

Old January 14th 05, 02:42 AM
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:44:58 -0800, "BEI Design"
calmly ranted:

Valkyrie wrote:
Here's a mail order link I found that has thimbles up to a size
ten, they carry both leather and metal. Put "thimble" in their
search option and you'll find all kinds of them in every
category. http://www.createforless.com/homePage.asp

Val

Aha! That's just what I was looking for. They actually have one in a size
12:
http://www.createforless.com/product...roductID=65290

Now if I can just figure out how the sizing works...

Here's another potential source:
http://www.quiltknit.com/notions/thimble_1.htm
I had no idea there were so many types of thimbles, and I'm
thinking that my carving protector would also work for a
thimble. It's a leather pad which covers the bottom (fingerprint
side) of the finger with a stretch nylon cover on the outside.
I bought 25 of them on sale once if anyone wants one cheap.
($2 each, delivered)

Save the ||| http://diversify.com
Endangered SKEETS! ||| Web Application Programming

Old January 14th 05, 03:07 AM
BEI Design

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:44:58 -0800, "BEI Design"

Here's another potential source:
http://www.quiltknit.com/notions/thimble_1.htm
I had no idea there were so many types of thimbles,

Ditto! Amazing what's out there. Thanks for the link.

Old January 14th 05, 04:21 AM
Karen Maslowski

From my perspective, those aren't tiny hands at all. I wear a size 3
1/2 ring, and the only thimble that fits was my grandmother's. Everyone
in my mother's family has fine bones, and small hands and tiny feet. I'm
a comparative clodhopper, with a size 6 shoe. For someone my height--
5'7" --it's ridiculous to have such wee tootsies.

This thimble topic is fascinating. I've also never wondered how they
sized them before. Thanks for bringing it up!

Karen Maslowski in Ohio

Old January 14th 05, 04:24 AM
Karen Maslowski

Ah, that clarifies the DSIL--I was thinking your sister-in-law had
extremely large hands, Bev!

Karen Maslowski in Ohio

Glass Source Michele Blank Glass 12 July 17th 12 04:39 PM
Trading Thimbles Amberinauburn Quilting 0 July 22nd 04 05:39 AM
Various quilting thimbles & such Jiminy Quilting 25 July 18th 04 03:54 AM
Great new source for quilt books Betty in Wi Quilting 2 September 19th 03 12:27 PM
Source for jade Peter W. Rowe Jewelry 0 July 13th 03 06:20 PM