Buying diamond separate from ring

Old April 15th 07, 05:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
jameson

Default Buying diamond separate from ring

Hi there,

Hope this group can help me out. He's the deal:

1. My g/f has seen a ring she loves in a store, its about $2000 for
the ring alone. I can't find it *anywhere* else online. Its a Jabel
ring.

2. The diamonds they offer me are pretty poor compared to what I can
get from bluenile etc. They are offering me estate diamonds that are
low clarity (SI1) and poor color for the same price as a much better
clarity, cut and color diamond from bluenile.

I'd really like to buy the ring alone from the jewelers and get my own
diamond set it in. My concern is that I'll get the jewelers really mad
at me for doing that.

If I was to do it how would I get the ring set? The jewelers or
somewhere else?

Any ideas what I can do? Money is tight for me but I want to get my
girl the ring shes been dreaming of. I can do that by saving money on
the diamond by buying online. Ultimately I can buy the ring and
diamond from the jewelers but I'll have to compromise on the diamond.

Thanks in advance!

Old April 16th 07, 07:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Frosty

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 16:54:04 GMT in rec.crafts.jewelry "jameson"
, intended to write something
intelligible, but instead wrote :

[...]

Ask the jewelers if they can mount your diamond in their ring.
Don't go into all the details about buying the diamond somewhere else;
it's none of their business.
It you feel the need to go in with a story, tell them it's your
mothers/grandmothers/ex-wife's/etc. diamond and it means everything to
me...

Old May 26th 07, 04:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
[email protected]

On Apr 15, 12:54 pm, "jameson" wrote:

1. My g/f has seen a ring she loves in a store, its about $2000 for
the ring alone. I can't find it *anywhere* else online. Its a Jabel
ring.

Hey, if my wife fell in love with a dried pea in a pot metal setting,
I'd buy it for her. Now when you have a daughter, that's something
else. Buy her something truly righteous by you, and no boy is going to
make her melt with a cheesy cereal box "promise" ring. But your g/f,
hey . . . this could be an important test you can't afford to fail.
Best wishes, Kurt

Buying Diamond Jewelry: Know What To Look For tyo Jewelry 2 September 29th 06 06:19 PM
Valentine's Day Ring - 2ct. Diamond Ring [email protected] Marketplace 0 January 13th 05 02:51 PM
diamond buying Lawrence Jewelry 5 August 28th 04 03:34 AM
Looking for custom cut engagement ring, historical jewelry store, or experienced diamond ring designer in Ontario Jimmy Jewelry 2 April 29th 04 06:33 AM
diamond ring Misia Jewelry 8 July 23rd 03 03:10 PM