Wire Ring w/ faceted stone

Old July 12th 04, 03:06 AM
Beadbimbo

Default Wire Ring w/ faceted stone

Ok, remember that rule about cut once measure twice? Apparently, I never
learned that one. Well, while hanging out, watching hours of Little House
on the Prarie, with my sick, DD, I played with some wire. I decided to try
the ring that was in the latest issue. I would love to be able to do these.
I didn't measure right and thought I had the right sized stone, but instead
of being 9mm wide, mine was 13mm wide. Lol. This is one of those
doorknocker rings. I'll wear it to my next cocktail party with the Donald
or the Gates or somebody like that.

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/prongring.jpg

I had a little trouble, getting the stone snug, but I hope that when I grow
up, I'll be able to master this darned ring! (But with a little smaller
stone!)

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old July 12th 04, 03:07 AM
Beadbimbo

I meant to say it was the latest issue of the Wire Artist Jeweller magazine!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old July 12th 04, 04:09 AM
BeckiBead

Jeri - I've been watching reruns of Dallas on Soapnet. (Dynasty and some
Knot's Landing, also). Too bad we live in the wrong time, darlink. That stone
would have been the norm back then in the flashy days!!!!

Becki
"In between the moon and you, the angels have a better view of the crumbling
difference between wrong and right." -- Counting Crows
Old July 12th 04, 04:23 AM
Beadbimbo

And think of all the big hair we're missing!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old July 12th 04, 04:45 AM
BeckiBead

And think of all the big hair we're missing!

Unfortunately, I'm not missing it at all. I'm running home from work in order
to see reruns and staying home on Saturday night for "Dysfunctional Family
Night" which is Dallas, Dynasty and Knot's Landing all shown together. LOL.
I'm stupidly hooked to the TV.

Old July 12th 04, 07:08 AM
Deborah Barilleaux

WOW Big

--
Debbie (New Mexico)
Life is too short

Old July 12th 04, 04:27 PM
Beadbimbo

Lol. I think Dallas was on when I was in high school and I saw some of it.
After that, I was always working or in school, or didn't own a tv, and never
saw the others, but I do remember hearing sooooooooooooooo much about
Krystal and the other one (Joan Collins, but I can't think of her name on
the show) and all that. It seemed like EVERYONE but me watched that show!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old July 12th 04, 04:54 PM
Candace

Snippity:
It seemed like EVERYONE but me watched that show!

--
Jerri

If it makes ya feel any better, I've never seen a single episode of Dallas,
Twin Peaks, or Northern Crossing.

I've never really been a TV person, except some Star Trek, some X-Files, and a
few summer shows that I always thought should have been picked up as full
series (Roar and the vampire show Fox had one summer.)

~Candace~
Orphan Beads Low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Old July 12th 04, 08:36 PM
Dr. Sooz

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/prongring.jpg

KKKKK
LLLLLL
UUUUU
NNNNN
KKKKK

Your endless modesty about ALL your work -- from lampwork to wire to piggie
costumes -- is so, SO misplaced, my dear.
~~
Sooz
Old July 12th 04, 08:37 PM
Dr. Sooz

Jeri - I've been watching reruns of Dallas on Soapnet. (Dynasty and some
Knot's Landing, also). Too bad we live in the wrong time, darlink. That
stone
would have been the norm back then in the flashy days!!!!

But Sweet Thing -- cocktail rings are all the rage right now, all of a sudden!
Quel fab.
~~
Sooz

AD: Wire Sculpture Jewelry videos on eBay & Accounting Magik Beads 2 June 21st 04 10:31 PM
AD: Wire Sculpture Jewelry videos on eBay Magik Beads 3 May 11th 04 08:26 PM
Wire question Regina Beads 2 November 23rd 03 08:53 PM
Wire Wrapping instead of jumprings...funny tools April H. Beads 13 September 12th 03 06:14 PM
I need beads! Rant and ? about wire mkahogan Beads 6 July 23rd 03 02:06 AM