We're back from the beach!

Old August 10th 05, 05:00 AM
Karleen/Vibrant Jewels

Default We're back from the beach!

Dear Friends,

We had a lovely, restful vacation with a minimum of hassle, but it's good to
be home again. Jim and mom did really well and seemed to fully enjoy
themselves.

My favorite thing to do is comb the beach for shells, beach glass (not much
of it at the Outer Banks though), and miscellaneous flotsam and jetsam that
washes on shore. I pause often to breathe the fresh salt air and gaze upon
the waves... I really would like to live on the shore someday.

Being inspired by the sea and my finds, I've started a new series of
pendants, kits and jewelry called Sea Shards. I'll be listing some,
hopefully this weekend, depending on how hubby feels after restarting his
chemo tomorrow. Will let you all know when I get the new items posted. I'm
relisting some things up until then as well.

I'm in sticker shock, though, from the LBS's I visited there. All have gone
with the trend to sell literally "by the bead". 6mm Swarovski's were $1
each, as was ordinary indian lampwork, plain bone beads, and mass produced
polymer clay caned beads. Semi-precious gemstones were out of sight! People
think they are getting a good deal because they can make a necklace for a
few dollars, maybe they are, but I couldn't see paying such high prices for
run-of-the-mill beads! And nothing worth having was on sale! I didn't buy a
single bead, which was a bummer, and a disappointment.

By the way, my grandson, Justin who is 4, and always a joy, had such a good
time. Especially in the pirate shop on Ocracoke. He got a pirate costume and
everything, kept going around saying, "Land Ho" and "ARGHHH". LOL His
nickname is Boo, but "Boo the Pirate" didn't seem ferocious enough, so now
he's "Heartburn the Pirate" (his 2nd choice), so watch out, me hearties!
hahahahahahha

Thanks and Bead Blessed!
--
Karleen Page
Vibrant Jewels: http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/welcome.htm

OT back to the house [long, trip journal] Ginger in CA Quilting 4 July 25th 05 04:29 PM
Jeesh... back again! MRH Yarn 19 July 23rd 05 08:43 PM
AD: Urchin to Beach Back starlia Beads 8 June 9th 05 09:28 AM
Back of the work Alison in OH Needlework 5 November 29th 04 07:08 PM
AD-Oct. 18-19, 2003 Pompano Beach, FL South Florida Intergalactic Bead Festival Phineas T Beadd Director National Bead Society Beads 1 October 5th 03 03:20 AM