Thanks for warm welcome

Old October 31st 03, 02:01 AM
Katherine Burgess

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote
"Katherine Burgess" wrote
So what is YOUR room, Noreen????
Enquiring minds want to know. g

Splutter!
Ummm.... how about I'm NOT a chef in the kitchen, but I'm a lady in the
living room?
LOL!
(am sure most know the rest of that quote, so am not going there!)
( g )

Ah, my kind of woman. g
Hugs,
Katherine

Old October 31st 03, 07:39 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

About the cooking ,,
mine Doesn`t ,,,,, at all ,
But i see that young couples now adays share a lot of those homely
jobs !anyway the needleworks have been my companions in many a hard
time . Not to forget being able to dress my kids , and me ,,, better
for less money ,
mirjam

Thank you everyone - you've made me blush here :-)

My craft projects are in a very bad state right now: between the full-time
job and some graduate studies that I manage to squeeze in I have so little
time left. :-(

So I have unfinished afghan (which was actually intended for the previous
winter, and who knows when it will be finished), two cross-stitch projects,
one quilt.. If anyone comes across a store that sells extra time - please
send the address! :-))

Here's my late grandmother's saying that might explain why I am such a
craft-addict. When my Mom used to say that I really must learn how to cook,
grandmother always replied with "It really doesn't matter if she doesn't
know to cook - the first husband might starve, the second husband might
starve, and the third might actually learn how to cook himself. But if she
doesn't do needlework, doesn't knit and doesn't sew - she won't get married
at all!" :-) So I don't cook. :-) Luckily for my husband he does it very
well!

Shulamit

Old October 31st 03, 07:39 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Nora and all , the one great benefit of stopping to drive , was all
the extra In train and in Bus knitting time i got !!!
Also whenever i have to wait i either read or knit ,,,, I once had a
pre arranged meeting with somebody , who should collect me at a
certain Cross roads , as she later said that she knew i would either
read or knit .... and thus she recognized me from afar ,,, mirjam

Shulamit,

Well, my DH loves to cook so does 95% of it for us. Hey, I bet we could all use
extra crafting time, we are always looking for it, but haven't located it yet.

Hugs,

Nora

Old October 31st 03, 07:58 PM
NoraBalcer

Mirjam,

When I was able to take a bus to work and at noon time I always knit, now when
I go to the doctors my crocheting is always there.

Hugs,

Your twin,

Nora
Old November 5th 03, 09:49 AM