De-stashing efforts...

Old July 30th 03, 10:17 AM
Carol In WI

Default De-stashing efforts...

What is a KnitMaster and a NeedleMaster? What are you asking for any of it?
Carol In WI

Old July 30th 03, 03:00 PM
Sew-Sew Lady

"snip"
DD#2 (Okinawa, USAF) gets first dibbs, but if she doesn't ask for them, I

I got some really nice yarn when I was over there! Hypermart and a little
yarn shop off Gate 2 street were the best places. I always took the kids
shopping with me, because they had learned to read Japanese in school, so
they could tell me what the content was....
Oh, and they had such good deals on bamboo needles...I really miss shopping
over there

Old July 30th 03, 06:50 PM
Allaya Diep

....speaking of silk...

My friend Caryn found a new (to us anyway) product called soy silk. It's a
fiber spun from the fuzzy parts of the soybean plant that they throw away
after processing the bean part. Supposedly, it looks and feels just like
silk, at only a fraction of the cost. We were thinking of going in together
on some bulk...erm..."fleece" to spin up and try out for ourselves. I'm
interested to see how it turns out.

I really love silk yarn though...is it really that inexpensive in Japan?
And bamboo needles too? I have some friends over there...if it IS that
great of a value, I ought to put them to work! LOL

Allaya

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
"snip"
DD#2 (Okinawa, USAF) gets first dibbs, but if she doesn't ask for

them, I

I got some really nice yarn when I was over there! Hypermart and a

little
yarn shop off Gate 2 street were the best places. I always took the

kids
shopping with me, because they had learned to read Japanese in school,

so
they could tell me what the content was....
Oh, and they had such good deals on bamboo needles...I really miss

shopping
over there

Grin, I have Kelley looking for silk yarn and linen thread over there for
me.
And some bamboo circulars in the 8 1/2 inch length.
Noreen

--
Noreen's Knit*che
(Knitting, Crocheting, Tatting & BobbinLace are my NICHE in life...)

Old July 30th 03, 11:21 PM
SlinkyToy

I have a soy silk sample in my stash (along with some of the Ingeo - the
corn stuff). I don't like the feel of any of it as compared to REAL silk,
and pound for pound the Ingeo is MUCH more expensive than silk brick.

Before you jump in for a pound, buy an ounce and decide if you like it.

Old July 30th 03, 11:56 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 12:50:44 -0500, Allaya Diep wrote:
....speaking of silk...

snipped
I really love silk yarn though...is it really that inexpensive in
Japan?

Yes, and more plentiful, too
And bamboo needles too?

OMG, the Japanese bamboo is to die for!
I have some friends over there...if it IS
that
great of a value, I ought to put them to work! LOL

Yes, tell them what to look for and get a stash going!
Y'know, OT a bit... but when Kelley was stationed in S. Korea, she got
me a Dallas Stars hockey jersey with Ed Belfour's name and number...
she actually had it made special... well, they're like $80+ 'here' and
she got it for $12... it's cuz they're made there in the first place!
Hugs,
Noreen

Noreen's Knit*che
(Knitting, Crocheting, Tatting & BobbinLace are my NICHE in life...)
NATA #447
(my family tree is FULL of 'nuts'!)

=A0