Happy TURKEY day!

Old November 27th 03, 01:14 PM
Kellie J. Berger

Default Happy TURKEY day!

Happy Thanksgiving all! It is 7am, i have caught up with all my emails and
all the new msgs here (I think).... and am off to the kitchen to dress the
HUGE bird.... hey. it was a "freebie" 22lber.... gonna have leftovers til
next Thanksgiving! (only 7 of us eating :~) )

My family has a tradition of putting 3 kernels of corn in our spoon when
setting the table. After we pray and before we eat, we go around the table
and each name 3 things we are thankful for this year. Gonna be hard to
narrow it down to 3! But y'all are near the top of my long list! Thank you
for all the support and laughs and, well for everything!

Kellie

Old November 27th 03, 01:24 PM
AliceW

gobble, gobble! I made my favorite things for dinner this year -
reservations!

enjoy the day where ever you are and whomever you are with!

Alice

. ..

Old November 27th 03, 02:16 PM
Patti

Hullo Kellie
What a beautiful tradition. I must try to think of something equivalent
that we could do on some special day. We rarely get together as a
family, various reasons, none bad feeling; but I would love to see us
all try something like this. Thank you for telling us about it.
..
In article , Kellie J.
Berger writes
snipped

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old November 27th 03, 03:52 PM
Sk8eraunt

My family has a tradition of putting 3 kernels of corn in our spoon when
setting the table. After we pray and before we eat, we go around the table
and each name 3 things we are thankful for this year.

That sounds like a wonderful tradition! We're expecting a full house today
with my children, stepchildren and assorted family friends. My husband is
cooking the turkey in the smoker, which will leave the oven free for all the
baking I have to do. DH loves the smoker. While the turkey is cooking, he is
able to slip out for a round of golf. I have a cranberry nut bread baking now,
and later on I'll make the pumpkin pie and fruit pie. DD loves green bean
casserole, but I'm tired of that. I found a broccoli cheese casserole recipe
that I'm going to try. DD came over last night to check out my cooking stash
and was not happy to see fixings for the green bean casserole!

Hope everyone here has a blessed Thanksgiving!

kaila
Old November 27th 03, 05:40 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Kellie J. Berger" wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving all! It is 7am, i have caught up with all my emails and
all the new msgs here (I think).... and am off to the kitchen to dress the
HUGE bird.... hey. it was a "freebie" 22lber.... gonna have leftovers til
next Thanksgiving! (only 7 of us eating :~) )

My family has a tradition of putting 3 kernels of corn in our spoon when
setting the table. After we pray and before we eat, we go around the table
and each name 3 things we are thankful for this year. Gonna be hard to
narrow it down to 3! But y'all are near the top of my long list! Thank you
for all the support and laughs and, well for everything!

Kellie

Hi Kellie -- what a lovely tradition! I hope you have a wonderful day
with your family. BTW, did you get my private message about the
infamous hoop?
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
my ISP is earthlink.net
Old November 27th 03, 11:57 PM
Kellie J. Berger

i did! thank you~ emails have not been going out when i think they
should..... so i just sent a reply to you.....

Kellie

Old November 28th 03, 03:42 PM
kim in cville va

Isn't a big bird great, though? I *love* Thanksgiving leftovers. We had a
22-pounder too, and there were only four of us! It was my and DH's first
Thanksgiving married, and so we wanted to do it up. Now we have lots of
yummy leftovers and a huge pot of broth/soup getting ready to be frozen.
Wheee
kim in cville va

Old November 29th 03, 09:31 AM
Roberta Zollner

Come back to us in 2 weeks and tell us how you Really feel about leftovers
;-)
Roberta in D

"kim in cville va" wrote in message
t...
[...]

OT Happy Birthday Kathy H Shirley Shone Beads 12 January 21st 05 02:06 AM
happy happy happy Jere Williams Needlework 5 May 19th 04 05:55 PM
Happy happy happy! ally Beads 6 September 3rd 03 12:19 AM
Hey Happy B Butterfly Quilting 0 July 26th 03 07:05 PM