Victoria Sampler's Hierloom Christmas sampler

Old January 2nd 04, 03:45 AM
Addie

Default Victoria Sampler's Hierloom Christmas sampler

I was just wondering if any of you had done this sampler in the reds and
greens and if you have, did you run out of the medium green threads. I have
just completed the holly section with about 3.5 lengths of the med green
left and I just KNOW there won't be enough. If you did run out, what did
you do?

--

remove "nospam" to reply

Old January 2nd 04, 12:15 PM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

From: "Addie"

..... did you run out of the medium green threads ...... If you did run out,

what did
you do?

I haven't done this sampler. Since we have newbies joinging us all the time
who might not have had any experience dealing with this, it seems like a good
time to have a discussion on ways to deal with this sort of problem.
First off, let's assume that the project requires stitching with multiple
threads. Here's what I do -- especially when there is still some of the
original floss available to stitch with. I will take the floss from the kit
and match it as closely as possible to floss commercially available. I will
then use one strand of the new floss BLENDED with one strand of the kit floss
OR two strands of kit floss if stitching with 3 strands is called for.
Quite often this is all that needs to be done to finish the project. On
occassion, there is a LOT of stitching left to do and I know I will still run
out of the kit floss color. When this happens, I will stitch with the blended
threads until I reach a suitable spot in the design where I can change over to
using 2 strands of the new floss and none of the kit floss OR 2 strands of new
with 1 strand of kit floss (when stitching with 3 strands). If stitching with
3 strands you can then stitch for a bit until reaching another "changing" spot
in the design and stitch with 3 strands of the new floss.
Unless you are stitching something like a floor or wall that is pretty much
all the same color, the change in floss isn't really all that noticeable. On
something like a sampler, you can finish a row and then start with blending the
new floss with the kit floss with hardly any change. Of course, you need to
get floss that is as close as possible to the kit floss color as possible.
Unless you *want* there to be a difference which is also an OK thing to do
since each thing we stitch is individual to our own tastes.
Also remember that if anyone makes ANY changes to ANY sort of needework, ALL
of us who read the NG will be forced to notify the Needlework Police and you
will be administered 30 cyber lashes with a wet strand of floss (R&D&Hing)
:-))))) CiaoMeow ^;;^
..
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!

Old January 2nd 04, 12:31 PM
Josephine & Bruce Phillips

"Addie" wrote in message
I was just wondering if any of you had done this sampler in the reds and
greens and if you have, did you run out of the medium green threads. I

have
just completed the holly section with about 3.5 lengths of the med green
left and I just KNOW there won't be enough. If you did run out, what did
you do?

There was a problem with some of the early thread kits.

I just found a copy of Thea's email to the people on the VS mailing
list...... It's dated 22 Feb 2003 ... If your LNS can't help you, you could
try the email address at the bottom.

**
(This letter is a mass email that we are sending to our entire Mailing
List.) NOTE: It has come to our attention that the 2 Accessory Packs for
Heirloom Christmas Sampler are each short 1 yard of:

Au Ver a Soie #1745 for the Heirloom Christmas Rose and Teal colors, or the
Au Ver a Soie #5024 for the Traditional Red and Green colors.

We found out about this shortage few days ago, thanks to a kind shopowner
who was stitching a model for her shop! We have just sent all participating
shops the additional green and/or teal threads for any Heirloom Accessory
Packs they bought from us in January. It should take about 2 weeks for them
to receive the extra green and/or teal silk threads through the mail.

So if you have bought an Heirloom Christmas Accessory Pack of either colour
from a shop, please contact them in a few weeks, as they will be able to
give you the extra yard you might need. If you have bought your Heirloom
Christmas Accessory Packs directly from our online Boutique in January, you
will receive them directly to your mailing address.

Thea

Hope this helps
Josephine

Old January 2nd 04, 12:49 PM
Dannielle Beitzell

I have finished stitching that portion of the sampler, although I still have
to do the ribbons and some of the beads. I didn't run out of any of the
threads, because I had received the new accessory pack. Do contact whomever
you purchased the pack from and ask them. If all else fails, it's a popular
name brand fiber that you could always add to your stash! (I'm such an
enabler.)

--
Dannielle from NY
http://www.beitzell.com/dannielle/index.htm

Old January 2nd 04, 10:53 PM
Ginger Iorizzo

Hi Addie,
Just send them an e-amil and they will be happy to send you more thread.
They are a very friendly and helpful company. :-) The addy is
or

HTH
Ginger

Old January 4th 04, 03:05 AM
Rhea

What I usually do is match the kit threads with my stash of threads (DMC or
Anchor). If I can find a perfect match, I will stitch with the kit floss and
then use my own if I run out. If I can't find an exact match, I toss the kit
thread and use my own closest match.

Rhea from KY, USA
Old January 4th 04, 01:46 PM
Dresdens

Shortly after Heirloom Christmas came out they discovered that the thread packs
had been shorted on some of the threads. Shops were notified and provided
extra of the threads that were short. Either contact the shop you purchased
the thread pack from to see if they have the extra thread or e-mail Victoria
sampler at:

Bonnie