Delurking - Knitting article

Old November 5th 03, 04:22 PM
seaspray

Default Delurking - Knitting article

Hi Everyone,
It is time to delurk and introduce myself. I love to crochet and do cross
stitching. Right now, I am hoping to finish an afghan for my son to give
for Christmas. He is a tall fellow, so it is taking longer than I expected!

My local paper had an interesting article about knitting. It seems that in
one of the local schools, they are encouraging knitting and teaching anyone
who is interested in learning. It is quite nice to hear that our youngsters
are interested.
http://www.nj.com/search/index.ssf?/...starledger?eth

Hope you enjoy,
Di

Old November 5th 03, 04:47 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

In article , "seaspray" seaside
stitcher @ yahoo. com wrote..
Hi Everyone,
It is time to delurk and introduce myself. I love to crochet and do cross
stitching. Right now, I am hoping to finish an afghan for my son to give
for Christmas. He is a tall fellow, so it is taking longer than I expected!

My local paper had an interesting article about knitting. It seems that in
one of the local schools, they are encouraging knitting and teaching anyone
who is interested in learning. It is quite nice to hear that our youngsters
are interested.
http://www.nj.com/search/index.ssf?/...starledger?eth

Hope you enjoy,
Di

Welcome Di! If you've been lurking, then you know this is a
chatty bunch, and we get off-topic a LOT, and have loads of fun!
Do feel free to jump in anytime, and ask questions, and answer
them too.
Thanks for the URL.
Hugs,
Noreen

--
STRIP *tease* to email me.
Old November 5th 03, 04:51 PM
Ophelia

Hi Di and welcome)

The article is wonderful thank you for sharing

Ophelia
Scotland

Old November 6th 03, 12:23 AM
Katherine Burgess

What a great article!
Welcome and thanks for sharing.
Katherine

"seaspray" seaside stitcher @ yahoo. com wrote in message
Hi Everyone,
It is time to delurk and introduce myself. I love to crochet and do cross
stitching. Right now, I am hoping to finish an afghan for my son to give
for Christmas. He is a tall fellow, so it is taking longer than I

expected!

My local paper had an interesting article about knitting. It seems that

in
one of the local schools, they are encouraging knitting and teaching

anyone
who is interested in learning. It is quite nice to hear that our

youngsters
are interested.

http://www.nj.com/search/index.ssf?/...17857182200.xm
l?starledger?eth

Hope you enjoy,
Di

Old November 6th 03, 04:00 AM
Janise Ross

Di,
Thanks for delurking and sharing this great article. Come out and play
again.

Janise

Old November 6th 03, 04:10 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Di,

Yes, I loved the article. Our senior citizens building is right next to a grade
school and the ladies teach knitting at noon time. They make the blankets and
donate them to Project Linus. I think it's wonderful for the young ones to
learn such a great hobby. I'm a crocheter too and hopefully next year to get
back into my counted cross stitch.

Hugs,

Nora in upstate NY
Old November 6th 03, 06:34 PM
Aud

Welcome, Di!
Thank you for the article!
AUD ;-))
--

"seaspray" seaside stitcher @ yahoo. com skrev i melding

Knitting board psnfla1 Machine Knit 2 November 12th 04 02:00 AM
That certain article of knitting guys Pirjo Ilvesvuori Yarn 0 September 17th 03 04:21 PM
Another Knitting Article...Espeically For The Guys EJ Yarn 7 September 7th 03 07:15 PM
Nice article about knitting Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 1 August 23rd 03 07:51 AM
Question on "Continental " and "English" knitting techniques SlinkyToy Yarn 19 July 17th 03 09:36 AM