Order from Nigeria

Old May 17th 04, 07:07 PM
roxan

The thing is larger companies all ready know about this scam. They are
looking for easier targets and the smaller the better since they need the
money and are willing to take a chance on a $200 order. Good you found out.
Roxan
"empressbeads" wrote in message
I am so glad I asked. I guess what they say is true. If you don't feel
good about it then it probably is not a good thing. Women's intuition.
Man, that money was really going to help out around here.

Thank you all very much. I have not gotten a response from them. I asked
for some more personal information and they have not replied back.

Oh well I thought my new advertising strategy was working, but I guess not
to the right customers. I wish people would try to scam larger companies

who
have the extra capital.

Thanks so much I am glad for all the info!!

AMy Donarumo
http://www.empressbeads.com
"Karin Cernik" wrote in message
DON'T DO IT!!!!!!

This is a scam, almost certainly. They will ask you to do strange
things with the credit card, and you will end up with an unpaid bill and
no jewelry besides.

My apologies to anyone who is from Nigeria and is a legitimate customer,
but there are just way too many of these going on right now not to be
VERY concerned.

Karin

empressbeads wrote:

I just received a large order from Nigeria! Over $200.00 the

shipping
there is around $200.00. Just a little under their costs for goods.

They
want to pay with a credit card. My CC company guarantees funds. But

am
still nervous. I am very excited for the order. Largest order yet!

-Amy Donarumo
http://www.empressbeads.com

Old May 18th 04, 12:13 AM
Paula C. Hunter

FRAUD. They will charge the sale back at the least and God only know what
else.

Paula

"empressbeads" wrote in message
I just received a large order from Nigeria! Over $200.00 the shipping to
there is around $200.00. Just a little under their costs for goods. They
want to pay with a credit card. My CC company guarantees funds. But I am

Old May 18th 04, 12:21 AM
Dr. Sooz

No, no no! Nigeria? **RED FLAG**. Do not send it til you clear the payment!!

woohoo Amy! Wow! That must feel really good Congratulations!!!!

I just received a large order from Nigeria! Over $200.00 the shipping to
there is around $200.00. Just a little under their costs for goods. They
want to pay with a credit card. My CC company guarantees funds. But I am
still nervous. I am very excited for the order. Largest order yet!

-Amy Donarumo

woohoo Amy! Wow! That must feel really good Congratulations!!!!

I just received a large order from Nigeria! Over $200.00 the shipping to
there is around $200.00. Just a little under their costs for goods. They
want to pay with a credit card. My CC company guarantees funds. But I am
still nervous. I am very excited for the order. Largest order yet!

-Amy Donarumo

~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old May 18th 04, 12:22 AM
Dr. Sooz

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!

This is a scam, almost certainly.

I would echo this warning. DON'T DO IT.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old May 18th 04, 12:24 AM
Dr. Sooz

The thing is larger companies all ready know about this scam. They are
looking for easier targets

Exactly. Larger companies are hip to it, and won't even give them the time of
day. So they prey upon smaller companies.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old May 18th 04, 12:55 AM
Cheryl

I just received a large order from Nigeria! Over $200.00 the shipping to
there is around $200.00. Just a little under their costs for goods. They
want to pay with a credit card. My CC company guarantees funds. But I am
still nervous. I am very excited for the order. Largest order yet!

oh god - you aren't THAT NAIVE ARE YOU??
those are all SCAMS -- do NOT FILL THAT ORDER...

Cheryl
DRAGON BEADS
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old May 18th 04, 12:58 AM
Cheryl

Oh well I thought my new advertising strategy was working, but I guess not
to the right customers. I wish people would try to scam larger companies who
have the extra capital.

nope - wasn't your advertising...

I get at least two a week....once they find your website (which is easy with
certain software) -- you start getting them a lot.
They are just scams... delete them all...
their only interest is in convincing you to take a "bank check" that is bigger
than your payment - and to "refund" them the balance ... they make money
and you get burned....

Old May 18th 04, 01:02 AM
Margie

On 17 May 2004 10:09:07 -0500, "empressbeads"
wrote:

I just received a large order from Nigeria! Over $200.00 the shipping to
there is around $200.00. Just a little under their costs for goods. They
want to pay with a credit card. My CC company guarantees funds. But I am
still nervous. I am very excited for the order. Largest order yet!

Sign up, educate and protect yourself.
http://scambusters.org/

--
Margie
http://www.handcraftedjewelry.com/st...asp?userid=261

Old May 18th 04, 01:28 AM
Kalera Stratton

Yes, yes, yes, everything she said! Take your time and check everything
out before you ship anything. If it's a scam they will try to get you to
do something unusual like take out extra money and send them the
difference, or the credit card may be a stolen number, or something else
sketchy. Be careful and stick to your normal procedures no matter what
they ask you to do... they give up fast if it's clear they can't scam you.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Karen_AZ wrote:
PLEASE be careful. There are countless scams coming out of Nigeria (I think
it's the national pasttime) and many people have gotten burned. I would
contact your credit card company in person to verify their guarantee and
inform them where the buyer is, etc. I hate to rain on your party but better
to know and have every opportunity to protect yourself.

KarenK

Old May 18th 04, 01:31 AM
Kalera Stratton

Don't worry Amy, your advertising WILL pay off. Just keep your name out
there and you will start to see results... it's a long road but it will
happen.

Are you on eBay? That's a poor medium for sales but it WORKS as
advertisement! Keep a few small auctions up all the time, make sure you
have an About Me page, keep a link to your website on your About Me
page, and you'll get some customers that way.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay