OT-Terry's Chocolate Orange!!

Old January 13th 04, 03:44 PM
MargieK

Default OT-Terry's Chocolate Orange!!

OMG!! I am in chocolate heaven! Maybe I should say I was?

A friend of mine from the UK sent me what he and his family
traditionally put in Christmas stockings (hung with care g). It's
called Terry's Chocolate Orange milk chocolate. You tap the top and
then unwrap. The orange breaks into about 20 orange slice segments.
It's delicious!! I must have more! LOL

If anyone from the UK would like to do a swap sometime, this is what I
would like from you. Please keep me in mind. :=)
--
Margie
http://snurl.com/2u8t

Old January 13th 04, 04:00 PM
Harry

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 09:44:19 -0600, MargieK wrote:

OMG!! I am in chocolate heaven! Maybe I should say I was?

A friend of mine from the UK sent me what he and his family
traditionally put in Christmas stockings (hung with care g). It's
called Terry's Chocolate Orange milk chocolate. You tap the top and
then unwrap. The orange breaks into about 20 orange slice segments.
It's delicious!! I must have more! LOL

If anyone from the UK would like to do a swap sometime, this is what I
would like from you. Please keep me in mind. :=)

I think I remember seeing those right here in the states?

Harry
My Ebay Auctions are at http://snipurl.com/3okw
Old January 13th 04, 04:02 PM
MargieK

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:00:44 GMT, Harry wrote:

I think I remember seeing those right here in the states?

Really? I looked online and didn't find any sources. Maybe I didn't
look good enough?

--
Margie
http://snurl.com/2u8t

Old January 13th 04, 04:10 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

I saw them at Publix over the holidays. They also make a raspberry chocolate
version.

--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: pnguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

Need web hosting? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com

Old January 13th 04, 04:13 PM
Karen_AZ

Tobler and Droste both make these. I've seen them in orange and raspberry
flavors, AND mild or bittersweet chocolate. YUM. I've seen them in a few
stores, most notably Trader Joe's (if you have them) and CostPlus.

I used to make a chocolate cake using the orange slices.....fudge cake,
filling flavored with Grand Marnier, poured chocolate frosting, and
decorated with those slices. I'll try to dig up the recipe.

Karen

Old January 13th 04, 04:15 PM
Alison

"MargieK" wrote in message
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:00:44 GMT, Harry wrote:

I think I remember seeing those right here in the states?

Really? I looked online and didn't find any sources. Maybe I didn't
look good enough?

They're all over the place, come Christmas-time, around here (Durham, North
Carolina). Eckerd Drugs, the grocery store (I shop at Food Lion), maybe
even Walmart. I don't pay attention to where I see them because I'm trying
not to buy them, but they seem to be everywhere! The newest, peppermint,
version is the one that tempts me most. They have plain milk chocolate,
raspberry dark chocolate, maybe raspberry milk chocolate (can't remember for
sure), others I can't remember. I think they're up to 6 varieties now?

They were on sale, half-off at Eckerd's when I was there last Thursday, but
I didn't see a price. I think they're normally around $3 a piece.

Old January 13th 04, 04:48 PM
Arondelle

MargieK wrote:

I think I remember seeing those right here in the states?

Really? I looked online and didn't find any sources. Maybe I didn't
look good enough?

You might be able to find them as Valentine's Day approaches, definitely for Easter.

I always get a couple when I see them and stash one away for between
holidays. )

Arondelle
To email me, empty the pond with a net
Visit Arondelle's Dream Worlds at: http://www.arondelle.com
Read my Blog: http://www.angelfire.com/blog/arondelle/index.html

Old January 13th 04, 06:16 PM
MargieK

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 09:13:35 -0700, "Karen_AZ"
wrote:

I used to make a chocolate cake using the orange slices.....fudge cake,
filling flavored with Grand Marnier, poured chocolate frosting, and
decorated with those slices. I'll try to dig up the recipe.

I'm gaining weight just thinking about it! LOL

--
Margie
http://snurl.com/2u8t

Old January 13th 04, 06:29 PM
MargieK

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:15:31 GMT, "Alison"
wrote:

They're all over the place, come Christmas-time, around here (Durham, North
Carolina). Eckerd Drugs, the grocery store (I shop at Food Lion), maybe
even Walmart. I don't pay attention to where I see them because I'm trying
not to buy them, but they seem to be everywhere! The newest, peppermint,
version is the one that tempts me most. They have plain milk chocolate,
raspberry dark chocolate, maybe raspberry milk chocolate (can't remember for
sure), others I can't remember. I think they're up to 6 varieties now?

They were on sale, half-off at Eckerd's when I was there last Thursday, but
I didn't see a price. I think they're normally around $3 a piece.

You know? I think I'm *candy aisle challenged*! I do most shopping
with my 5 yo in tow so I avoid those aisles like the plague. I never
seem to be able to find peeps during any season either! waaaaa

That's it. Next shopping trip is without my lovely daughter. :=D

--
Margie
http://snurl.com/2u8t