bead magazines survey

Old January 16th 04, 07:43 AM
Kyla

Actually, I'm the same way. I graduated High School at age 16, and was out
of college by 18 (community, anyway). ALL my friends were much older than
me, and still are (well, my best friend is a couple months younger, but
second best is 10+ years older...). I shacked up with DH at 18, had my
first kid at 19, opened my own business at age 21, right before having my
second kid. Now I own TWO businesses, and I am working on a third. I feel
much more comfortable with people older than me, because people my age
are...uh...disillusioned? My brother is 21, and he's just now figuring out
that life ain't fair; it's interesting to watch it happen to someone else,
when I've just gone through it not too many years ago ;o)

And THAT, Harry, is rambling! LOL ;o)

--
Kyla --Who likes to talk about herself, apparently!
"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off."

"Kalera Stratton" wrote in message
Hee hee! I have some younger friends, and whenever I *think* about it,
my mind goes boggle! I used to always be the youngest person in my
circle of friends, so having friends who are *adults* and significantly
younger than me... dude!

-Kalera

Old January 16th 04, 04:54 PM
Dr. Sooz

BARELY...Dec. 18th, 1980 ) Am I still allowed to play? ;o)

Of course! OF COURSE!!
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Kyla}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old January 17th 04, 01:20 PM
Kandice Seeber

You're my little sister's age! She gives me advice all the time about what
the younger crowd likes to wear in terms of beads. I love having that
perspective. Not like I am too much older, though - I was born in 1973.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

BARELY...Dec. 18th, 1980 ) Am I still allowed to play? ;o)

--
Kyla
"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off."

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
Gadzooks! Kyla was born in 1980. :-o

I like BeadStyle, because it has "younger" type jewelry in it. I've

just
turned 23, and a lot of the projects in the other magazines don't speak

my *style*. BeadStyle has a lot that do )

~~
Sooz
-------
"Those in the cheaper seats clap. The rest of you rattle your jewelry."

John
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old January 17th 04, 01:22 PM
Kandice Seeber

ROFLMAO!!!! I forget I'm 30 sometimes - I feel like I am still part of the
20-something crowd. Until I see them partying and get annoyed at the fact
that I feel too old for that kind of thing anymore. Hehehehe.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Omigosh, this whole conversation reminds me of a few weeks ago, walking
past a neighborhood pub with my friend Fiona. We looked in and decided
against it, because, in my own words, "No way, it's full of 30-something
post-hipsters with kids!"

Fiona (who is 23) looked at me for a long second, until I had to add,
"...and I can get that at home."

-Kalera

Old January 17th 04, 01:33 PM
Tinkster

Egads! I'm old enough to be your mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old January 17th 04, 02:09 PM
Kandice Seeber

LOL

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old January 17th 04, 02:28 PM
Linda2

"Kandice Seeber" wrote:

ROFLMAO!!!! I forget I'm 30 sometimes - I feel like I am still part of

the
20-something crowd. Until I see them partying and get annoyed at the fact
that I feel too old for that kind of thing anymore. Hehehehe.

Hell, I'm 53 and my closest friends are 21, 34 and 37! They're constantly
mistaken for my daughters, but hey, I can keep up with them. Most of the
time anyway, right Valerie?

Linda2

Old January 17th 04, 03:35 PM
Sjpolyclay

Not like I am too much older, though - I was born in 1973.

you dewy young things, you!!!! That's alright; so I'm old enough to be
your...... (mphhhhhhhhhr) big sister.
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

Old January 17th 04, 04:53 PM
Beadseeker

1973.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

KANDICE!!! 1973 - I barely remember 1973. ARRGGGHHHH - I just got over my
latest birthday and now I'm feeling old again. It's a good thing I've never
grown up. lol.
Patti (who is still working on the website)
Take a look at: http://users.snip.net/~pchris
Old January 17th 04, 07:11 PM
Dr. Sooz

Egads! I'm old enough to be your mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know -- I'm OLDER than Kandice's mom. But Kandice was born the same year as
my husband.......Eeeeek!
:-D
~~
Sooz